• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells casted through Triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My question is: How can i make a unit, cast a custom ability upon a point, or a unit, when entering a region.

My example is:

(players are stationary and summon monsters vs each other, > and < represent the way each player is facing, Player 1 and 2 are just examples.

Plyaer 1 > <Player 2

For example: When player 1 summons a monster which has, say, a custom ability based off of Silence. I'd like to make it so that player interaction can be focused more on the strategy of summoning monsters and defeating their opponent, then performing extra actions.

So when the monster is summoned on the player 1 side, and starts to travel to attack Player 2, i have a region in the center that will check the unit type and then this is where i get stumped. This is where i need it to cast the units ability either upon the player 2 region, or upon player 2. However i can't find a trigger that allows you to do that for custom abilities, only basic hero ones.

I hope i've explained this well enough, tried to go into as much detail as possible. If anyone knows of how to do this, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, -Xsilver07

Level 9
The order strings that are shown represent all the abilities. They just use the Standard names to easily identify them. Lets say your spell is based off "Charm" you'd use...

• Unit - Order (Entering Unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Charm (Whatever Unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.