• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells as basic attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Searched on the forums & tutorials,

I know that we can use spells like basic attack, but the problem is,
when we use that kind of attacking system, we can't use basic attack damage of the hero or unit, the damage we will be using will be the same and we cannot use items adding attack damage to the hero or unit.

So I'm here to ask, if it's possible to use items, attribute bonus, auras, or the hero's basic damage to be used as your basic damage for each heroes, and each player.

That's all, Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES

But you need to customize every bonus damage... or at least register the effects of the items, auras etc to a certain system so that you can consider them when calculating the damage of the "basic attack"...

sample: on my current proj, I modified the Equip system by The_Witcher so that instead of item abilities, it modifies the custom hero skills that I created, as I use those skills to calculate things like damage...

So basically you could either:

Customize every bonus

or

Register the bonuses that each item or spell or stat gives on a certain system

Last edited by a moderator:
You can display hero attack damage, and increase it with items and such things, just set targets to "dunno" wards :D
Problem now is command icon and warning message text on screen when you target enemy unit.
2nd one can be fixed by removing text in user interface panel, 1st one at the other hand is more difficult, if I remember right there is way to do it, but let me explore web to be sure.

EDIT:

Just remove the attack icon - the only one you can remove; go to Combat - Attack 1 - Show UI and set it to False. If your unit uses both attack types, then do the same for the Combat - Attack 2 - Show UI field.

Status
Not open for further replies.