• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SpellBooks and Hiding Item Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi! I have some questions about this.

I have an item wich uses DMG ability, and BASH, and displays both icons when equiped. Maker told me to use a spellbook, disable it in the beginning of the game, and the unit would get the item abilities without displaying the icons.

But I have about 40 Item abilities...

1) Do I have to create/disable a spellbook for each one of them?
2) Do I have to create/disable a spellbook for each item, with all that item abilities in it?
3) Are the items abilities stored in the spellbook removed automatically when the item is dropped, or triggers have to be used to detect when the unit drops an item, check wich item is, and remove that spellbook ability from the hero?...

Level 20
Thanks! I had already found the answers with several tests. I created spellbooks only for those abilities that were displaying an icon. Made all of them wit the same ID, and disabled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.