• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey there,

I'm using the Spellbook ability as a hero one, and there seem to be an issue with the shared cooldowns (true/false) bolean option;
When I tick TRUE for the first level (default option), it's working.
But for the next 2 levels, it just doesn't work if I tick TRUE (works as if FALSE was ticked).

Anybody knows how to solve this ?

:ogre_rage:

Level 21
Hey there,

I'm using the Spellbook ability as a hero one, and there seem to be an issue with the shared cooldowns (true/false) bolean option;
When I tick TRUE for the first level (default option), it's working.
But for the next 2 levels, it just doesn't work if I tick TRUE (works as if FALSE was ticked).

Anybody knows how to solve this ?

:ogre_rage:

Spellbook ability can not truly level. Instead you should use spellbook collisions if you want to add/change abilities. They are explained in the spellbook tutorial that you see in my signature. (Along with other bugs/exploits)

Level 21
I don't actually want to add/change abilities...
It's just that shared cooldowns option that doesn't work.
I'm leveling the ability that way : Level 1 contains 3 abilities, level 2 contains 6 abilities, etc., and it works perfectly fine.

Well, then you are adding abilities to spellbook. I think the only way is still using a trigger that runs when an ability is learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.