• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Attribute Bonus spell not showing in spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i am having some issue regarding attribute bonus spell, if i put it in a spellbook, and i give that spellbook by default to a hero, the hero get's the attribute bonus stats, but the icon doesn't show, even if in the object editor the hide button is set to false.
How can i fix this?
Screenshot 2022-01-16 164042.png

Bellow i've also gave it to the hero as a default ability, to show that it can work if it's outside the spellbook. It also works while it's in the spellbok, but no icon is shown.
Screenshot 2022-01-16 164019.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Yes, and it's checked to show, that is what i point out in the screenshots, If the attribute bonus spell is outside the spellbook, it shows the icon, If it is in the spellbook, it doesn't show up, but it's effects work, the spell gives 40 agility, that is why She has 80 agility, because She has the spell twice

Level 9
It doesn't work even like that, i've made a dummy spell and gave an default item spell to the hero with the amount of agility. The spellbook has fixed spells, there are none that get's removed or added until next job.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I was bored and threw together a custom Spellbook system that use triggers to show/hide and enable/disable the Spellbook abilities. The goal was to make it function as close as possible to standard Spellbooks while solving any issues the original had. I figured it may be useful to you since it'd solve your button problem.

Pros:
  • Should get rid of most if not all of the annoying Spellbook issues (such as the one you're experiencing).
  • Much more customizable, allowing you to easily Add individual abilities to a Spellbook through triggers.
  • You can easily modify the Spellbook abilities like you would any other ability.
Cons:
  • Limited command card space. I managed to get 8 Ability slots per Spellbook but that was after hiding some buttons.
  • Uses a fake Cancel ability in order to close the spellbook. This means the ESCAPE key can't be used.
  • It's reliance on Instant abilities like Berserk/Wind Walk may cause ID conflicts. You could probably work around this.
  • System can be buggy if you don't do things properly. Make sure to look at the README.

It can be improved upon even further but I figured I'd post a working version. I MAY improve it in the future if I'm feeling up to it. Feel free to do whatever you want with it!

Attachments

• Uncles Custom Spellbook 1.w3m
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.