• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SPELL TRIGGER HELP] Damage Over Time then Stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I was thinking of making an ability like Shadow Strike but instead of a slow at the beginning of the spell, a stun at the end of the duration of the damage over time would occur. I was thinking of doing something like adding the unit to a unit group then a new trigger with a condition that checks every unit in the group if they still have the buff. If the buff is gone, how do I apply the stun? I've done a couple of custom spells before, but never a target nor a DoT one yet so yeah.

Level 24
That would require Timers but those are a big no no in triggers
This system really helped me out, fiddle with the test map and i'm sure you could find what you're looking for

Edit Scratch that I needed something to do Try this, the ability is on the Blood mage "Memory Burst"

Attachments

• Delayed Action 1.5a plus Custom Ability Memory Burst for user Hardtime .w3x
    67.7 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.