• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Spell that gives longer attack range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, this is my first post :thumbs_up:

well anyway.. i am trying to make a custom skill that is passive and what i want it to do is to give the hero longer attack range every level and increases the hero's dodge rate.. How should i go about doing this?? I have no clue how to make a skill increase attack range

please help me out

Level 4
You have two options.

1) Use Evasion and a trigger to give the player an upgrade that increases that hero's attack range by the desired amount (such as Long Rifles). When you increase Evasion, use a trigger to increase the level of the upgrade by 1. This is irreversible, so it is not recommended if you're intending to let your hero relearn his skills.

2) Give the unit a large attack range (say, 10000), but keep the acquisition range equal to its "real" range. When you increase Evasion, use a Trigger to check the level of Evasion and set the acquisition range to the appropriate setting, thus also increasing the attack range. This lets you relearn skills, as you can add an Event that, upon using the relearn skill, rechecks the skill level (it being 0 after the relearn).

Level 11
2) No. This doesnt work. There was actually a thread on this same topic a while ago i remember but it was with an item that added range. Changing the acquisition range doesnt help, i kno it should but it doesnt.
I would do the upgrade thing, and it can be undone simply by making an upgrade that takes away range. Make sure you also allow the unit to use that upgrade and that the upgrade can be upgraded as many levels as the ability.

Level 2
Or just create 2 units, 1 that is the normal, and 1 with the increased range.
When the "normal" unit gets an item, it replaces witht he other unit (the one with increased range)

If u cant figgure out how to do this, I can fix a trigger for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.