• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Increase Attack Range w/ JASS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im not sure, but i think that you get some UI triggers in WE Unlimited which let you change it and some other stats

Level 11
Indeed... WEU is a solution. Or just have an upgrade which affects only the hero and whenever your hero learns the ability, you check the ability and depending on its level you can automatically make the upgrade. Some trigger in Player - tralala. Don't think that JASS is better than GUI except multiinstance, leak solving and yeah, and some functions that Blizzard were too lazy to add to GUI as well (perhaps you thought at this alternative). One of them is the lightning one which allows the lightning to be created depending on the Z coordinate as well.

I use JASS because I maneuver it much faster than GUI and because I use multiinstance. And moreover, loops are much more confortable since you can put any condition you want, you don't have to limit on fors.

~Daelin

Level 18
Dota sucks.

oh is this spam... nope stop asking like dota, dota sucked and still sucks.

if you want help on an ability do not say the sniper thing like in dota.

thats stupid like saying grab the blue one near the other blue one.
or move over there.

explain what the ability is you want use details and be specific so it has all the wanted effects.

Level 3
Sansui said:
oh is this spam... nope stop asking like dota, dota sucked and still sucks.

if you want help on an ability do not say the sniper thing like in dota.

First off, your taking that WAY way, way out of context...I believe I said...

The_FallenAngel said:
I think it's how DoTA did it with their sniper.

That has nothing to do with me saying "I need an ability just like DoTA's sniper"

Sansui said:
explain what the ability is you want use details and be specific so it has all the wanted effects.

I know I said...

The_FallenAngel said:
..and I can't so do you (people reading this) think you could get a script to increase attack range so much each time a specific skill is learned?

Hm, me thinks that is what you are asking for...So, you need to A) Learn to read and B) Think before you type...might help us all out

Level 13
MAN!! How can you think dota use jass for this ability!. First, think carrefuly something that increase range ... range... range...yeah i got it! I know about upgrade that could make unit icrease their range, yeah it is rifleman LONG RIFLES. So, what... hm.. let me think.....

Hm.. how about this, apply this upgrade on your hero, then when he learn a skill, set this upgrade level equal to ability level. yeah That is SIMPLE! isn't it? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.