• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help in increasing units range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i had made a map whereby when a range unit picks up an item like a bow he will had an increased attack range but i dunno how to use the advance upgrades in WeU to change it. they gimme some thing like HumanUpgradeSet 1 or another to be applied on the unit n i dunno what is HumanUpgradeSet 1 thingy.So can any1 plz help out here thx very much

Level 2
Goto:

Modules - Object Editor and then Items.
Then goto File - new Item - then choose something you would like to take as default.

Then click on this item and on top you see abilities.

Then search for the Abilitiy: Item: Range Bonus or so.
I dont know exactly now because I am not at home and I have no W3 and WE here...

greetz Sec

Level 2
erm i search be4 but it doesn't have any of such abilities so the only way 2 do so is throught the trigger editor but i dun noe how. can some ppl help me plz

Level 2
Ok I am @home now: Wait:

Event:
Unit - (Your Hero) picks/gets an item
Condition:
(Picked Item) equal to (your Item)
Action:
Einheit - Set (your Unit) acquisition range to (what you want)

This have to work! It is not tested but it have to work!

greetz Sec

Level 3
Superstar: that would not work, unfortunatly... aqusition range is just the range from which the unit will start trying to attack. i.e. if the aquisition range is 1 then the unit will not try to attack until the unit is 1 range from the enemy. I believe WEU gives range bonuses to you. That would be my only thought.

Level 2
whitenights said:
Superstar: that would not work, unfortunatly... aqusition range is just the range from which the unit will start trying to attack. i.e. if the aquisition range is 1 then the unit will not try to attack until the unit is 1 range from the enemy. I believe WEU gives range bonuses to you. That would be my only thought.

Lol I tested it before and it doest´t work. fu*k!
Yes make it with the WEU
But my name is Secretstar and not Superstar!

greetz
Sec

Level 2
yeah i noe

i had been trying 2 use the WeU advance triggers 2 do so but i dunno how.

I noe theres something 2 do with the advance upgrades triggers but i dunno how exactly 2 do it

Can some1 point me in the right direction plz

Status
Not open for further replies.