• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] change attack range of unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i want to make a trigger that when a spell is cast the hero increase his attack range from melee to ranged

mik

mik

Level 4
you cant effectively change his range. you have to be creative. possible ways:

1. use an orb
he already gives melee units ranged attack. i dunno if you can make it target ground though.

2. use metamorphosis

dunno if its the name exactly, i mean the ultimate of the NE demonhunter. he gets ranged, though with some other effects, you gotta try if you can change them all.

3. give your hero 2 attacks

and set different allowed aims for them (like mechanical /organical)
then change the type of all enemy units to type mechanical or w/e by this trigger.

easiest way probably, but then you cant use mechanical/organical types for any other use.

so far

Level 9
Yes you can.

Or you can use the trigger action 'set research level' and use the riflemen range upgrade (make a custom upgrade based off this with 1 level and make the section of the unit stats called 'upgrades used' contain this. Much easier and smoother than mik's methods.... and the standard way of doing it as far as i can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.