• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spell that damages allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hey i want to create ability. enemy hero owned by player 2 uses the spell on unit owned by player 1, then a negative debuff is created ower unit owned by player 1, during that time every few seconds other unit in some range of that unit who has negative debuff will get damaged.

in short hero uses ability on enemy, then as long as the debuff lasts on enemy other unit of enemy will get damaged too if enemy doesnt send away the unit who got debuff.

for the first time i completly dont know how to do it, i need a guide what events i need, for which parts i can use vanillia abilities? or its not possible at all? maybe a such spell alreday exits in hive workshop spell section?

Level 6
Sounds like you want the Lightning Shield ability. I'm pretty sure you can change it's Targets Allowed to not damage the caster's allies.
Did they change it in the newest patch?

I am pretty positive the ability is coded to damage anything around it.

The field in the object editor is referring to what target the buff can be placed upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.