• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Any way to make it so the same type of spell can stack on the same unit?

I.e. Two unholy frenzies. I ask because most of my custom made abilities use dummy triggers involving unholy frenzy, since it's the most reliable DoT (other dots either display the damage *Shadow Strike -.-* or they can't be used on summoned units, regardless of changing the viable targets)

So... anyway to do this?

Level 33
It is hard-coded engine, you can't stack 2 same buffs
But there are buffs that act as same as each other

Like Slow (Sorceress) + Unholy Frenzy (Necromancer (negatified the Increase Attack Speed)) = they can stack (having same buff concept, which is to increase/decrease Attack Speed)

As for DoT, it's wise to use trigger, instead to rely heavily on default ability in Object Editor.
That's why the Trigger Editor in the World Editor for a good reason.

Level 3
How exactly would I go about doing that then with triggers?

Make a trigger that causes "Unit" to damage "Unit" every 2 seconds or something? How would I put that together?

Level 13
It probably works when you create multiple UF spells and use a different buff each time.
Then check which buffs the unit already has in your trigger and let the dummy cast the next UF ability.
E.g. you have cast UF once, then it hass the first buff.
In your trigger you use a if-condition to see if it has the 1st buff.
If you so you add the second UF to the dummy (remove the 1st) and let it cast that spell.

Of course at some point it makes more sense to just trigger the movement speed malus.. (add unit to unit group, save each malus with its duration in a hashtable, loop over all units every second or so and count it down..)

Status
Not open for further replies.