• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Spell Shield using GDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It works properly but if Hero is at 100% hp, he will still take damage.
How can I fix it?
  • Events
    • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Shield ) Equal to True
      • GDD_DamageSource Equal to DamageTypeMagic[(Player number of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource))]
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = GDD_DamagedUnit
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] Greater than or equal to GDD_Damage
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] = (AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] - GDD_Damage)
          • Unit - Set life of Caster to ((Life of Caster) + (GDD_Damage - 0.00))
          • Set GDD_Damage = 0.00
        • Else - Actions
          • Set AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] = (AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))] - GDD_Damage)
          • Unit - Set life of Caster to ((Life of Caster) + (GDD_Damage - AbilityValue1_Real[(Player number of (Owner of Caster))]))
          • Set GDD_Damage = 0.00
          • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_Caster ,'B008')

Level 12
If I understand your problem correctly, the problem occurs when ((life of unit before damage) + (damage taken)) > (max healt of unit). You need to use a trick with damage bonus ability, not sure if there is another way.

• Damage Block Tricky Event
    • Events
      • Game - Your damage event
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add BLOCK LIFE BONUS (Greater) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to DamageBlockGroup
      • Countdown Timer - Start DamageBlockTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds

• Damage Block Tricky Callback
    • Events
      • Time - DamageBlockTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DamageBlockGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove BLOCK LIFE BONUS (Greater) from (Picked unit)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from DamageBlockGroup
Edit: A better thing to do is, in damage event trigger, first you should check if (life of unit) + (damage taken) <= max health. If yes simply increase life of the unit, if no use this trick.

Attachments

• Damage Block Trick.w3x
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Level 12
Is it dumb to use local caster with low value wait instead?
If you mean wait before remove life bonus ability instead of timer, a problem will occur if unit takes another damage during wait. Or if you mean wait a low amount of time before increase unit's health, there is a chance your unit may die if you do not block damage immediately.

Level 5
I'm using the latest patch and latest DDS. Works fine.

Every map with this DDS gives me the same error so the problem is on my side

upload_2019-7-29_14-35-50.png

This is ver of my wc3, pretty sure its updated

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-29_14-35-30.png
    upload_2019-7-29_14-35-30.png
    17 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.