• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Requiring Nearby Patron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made a Structure unit called the Oil Pot in which could cast a Pour Oil ability (based on Flamestrike) to pour hot, scalding oil that damages anyone who is hit by it severely. I also made it so that this could backfire - if it dies, it would "tip over" and cast the same ability on itself and potentially kill anyone near its detonation radius. It also turns into a Neutral Passive structure upon construction so that anyone Player can use it regardless of who first built it.

I want to make it so that it could only be used if there's a nearby patron, similar to Goblin Laboratories when using the Reveal ability. A direct answer would be appreciated, but I would prefer if it was under a Spoiler Tab and instead you'd give me a push on the right track so I could develop my Trigger Editing skills more. Can anyone give me hints or advice to create this trigger?

Level 3
check the abilities and different fields that the buildings that require a patron have, try to find what you need to add to it so it will behave how you want.
It would seem that all buildings that require a patron have the Select Unit/Hero ability or the Shop Purchase Item ability. I don't want the Oil Pot to have a nearby patron to sell units nor items so it's still unclear to me how I could make the Pour Oil ability require a patron.

Status
Not open for further replies.