• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request: Torch-able Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Bump: I keep not being able to successfully make this... Could anyone help out? Attached an extremely bugged version.

Basically units with a passive ability (Fire Damage) will stack damage on a building and set it ablaze. This is a concept I’ve been working on with help from Ceday; who helped me with some code and gave me suggestions. But I simply am not seemingly able to complete it. So my hopes are that someone from the community can do it, I also believe it can become a good resource if made by a professional. :)
Specifications:

- Fire can spread to nearby buildings.

- Fire HP changes it size, damage and if it can spread fire accordingly.

- Fire have life degeneration but attacking give them life, they can only attack the building they were spawned on. They gain hp faster then they lose through life-steal. This allows the fire to grow, as mentioned previously.

- The fire needs to be attack-able.

- The fire can spread on death and on each second that it does damage.

Optional:
- Detection of fire damage and stacking on units walking over a flame so I have the possibility to use this to set them on fire.

I hope you found the spell-idea interesting enough to give it a shot. I'll explain more if you take a look at the map.

Attachments

• FireSystem.w3x
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.