• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request INCLUDING PICTURE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Can someone make a spell that creates thunderclaps around you. but instead of all at once, i want it like a snake going around you. but instead of three snakes like in the pic just make one
Look at the pic

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 5
You could be more precise on how you want that thunderclaps stuff to work.
Do you want this as a permanent passive ability? is it one circulation after activation? Always starting at same point or random angle?
How about the offset around the unit?
Is it an ability that drains mana from you every second?
Do you only want the optical effect or the damage too?
How long til the snake has surrended you once?
Does the thunderclap snake move with you or is it fixed to an offest around the casting location?

PLEASE when requesting do a proper request, not some half-a**ed stuff :thumbs_down:

Level 18
I could do this for you right now, if you haven't already got somebody working on it for you. I think I understand what you want.

Note that this will be done in vJass. If you aren't using the NewGen world editor then you won't be able to use it :S

When simply running the test-map, remember that you can play around with the values (in the constants) if you look into the script. I'll show you an example:

JASS:
scope RollingThunder initializer init

globals
// config
//
//  DEFAULT_FREQUENCY   - the period (seconds) between each 'thunderclap'. 
//  DEFAULT_SPIN_RATE   - the rotation that occurs per second in radians.
//  DEFAULT_RADIUS      - the default radius of the electric surges.
//
    public constant real    DEFAULT_FREQUENCY       = 0.085
    public constant real    DEFAULT_SPIN_RATE       = bj_PI
    public constant real    DEFAULT_RADIUS          = 500

This is at the top of the script. You can change the frequency between each "thunder clap" by changing the DEFAULT_FREQUENCY constant. The spin-rate basically determines the difference in angles between each period. The radius determines how far away from you each thunder clap will occur. You can play around with these constants to make the snake look different.

I've left it open so more options can be added to it. While it isn't very useful to alter the frequency or spin-rate during mid-cycle but altering the radius mid-cycle could have interesting effects. Having a wavy motion may throw more dynamics into the spell you're making.

Also notice that the faster your frequency is, the higher damage the spell will output. Currently each thunder-clap deals 75 damage at level 1. If this effect occurs 10 times a second, then the spell can potentially deal 750 damage in only a second. You can lower the damage of the spell by lowering the damage of Rolling Thunder (dummy) in the Object Editor.

To copy this spell to your map (if you're using NewGen) simply copy the trigger (the script, above I posted a preview); once you've done that you can copy all of the Object Editor data over to your own map. Notice the ability raw-codes that I've used. If you change them, you'll have to change them in the script config section similar to how you would change the functionality constants as I described above.

Attachments

• rollingthunder.w3x
    22.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.