• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

First of all, thank you for wasting your time looking at my request. Its not much, and I have no interest in making my maps complex...

I desperately need help from the great minds behind warcraft editor, both in JASS, MUI GUI whatever. I have ruined over 5 great multiplayers maps I made because this ability bashed my head.

I need a shockwave trigger or an idea to cover this:

:grin:#1 - The same spell "Shockwave" or "Carrion Swarm" are manual spells, aka are abilities worthy enough to create a map for players chasing each other around trying to grave the others. Or so I thought it would be good until I found out that - When you try to aim a unit with any of these spells, if you click the aim while its on a unit itself, the blue aim becomes red and your casting unit turns to wherever the unit is and casts any of these spells, and if their speed is over 900, there is no way to dodge the spell unless you blink.

:mwahaha:#2 - I've spent hours trying to fix this until I found out that if I remove ground units and/or terrain from these spell targets, the blue aim doesn't turn red when you move it on a unit. But then you cannot click the unit to cast it near or on him. And when you do cast it at some distance from it, the spell does no damage.

So now I'm stuck with either - Shockwave that can be abused as automatic spell or shockwave that has true manual aim but deals no damage.

Example of good spell this way is from Pudge Wars - The Meat Hook requires no target for you to shoot it. But then even if you do not click on a unit, it can snatch the target. I have personally checked and that is one complex spell for me. I don't need that. All I need is a shockwave spell that is manual and deals damage.

Oh gods of HIVE give me your wisdom :ugly:

Status
Not open for further replies.