• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Bolt spells for new map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Need bolt spells for new project

Hi guys, i am still bad with triggers, i need 3 spells for my new map.All 3 spells need to be missile spells like Shockwave, like Shockwave but to have colision with units,doodats and other obstacles.Also i wont to game display floating text above enemy unit or doodat when missile have colision. Spells need to look like this:

1.Fire missile: Damage unit on colision and nearby enemies in small aoe.
2.Ice missile: Damage unit on colision and freezes enemy.
3.Poison missile: Deals small damage on colision and poison nearby enemies so they take damage over time.

I give full credits for help!

Last edited:
Level 18
Freeze87 said:
you are wrong, here is system that have all except thing that you call "other".

What system?

And no I am not wrong, there is no function in the WarCraft III JASS API that allows you to detect a doodad. If you're replacing doodads with units/destructables then you're not detecting a unit, you're detecting a unit/destructable. I know exactly what I am talking about, but you don't.

Freeze87 said:
that have all except thing that you call "other".

What?

Level 18
Just as I expected, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

It detects unpathable terrain, something you would've noticed if you listened to me. In the screen-shot you can clearly see it say "Hit Obstacle" even though there is nothing there. These projectiles (if they have collision) cannot go up/down cliff levels unless there is a ramp (lmao).

Amazing how much work I have to do just to show you this. Learn your shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.