• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SPELL REQUEST: Divine Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi good people of Hive. I am in need of a spell similar to dota's aphotic shield but only works if the attacker is of demon/undead race. I tried doing it myself using looking_for_help's DDS but i kinda messed up. Thanks to the people who would help me.

EDIT: MUST be GUI friendly so i can reverse engineer and learn from it.

Level 4
I came across a DDS that recognizes unit race before but i'm not sure. But if that is impossible then a shield based on attack/spell without the race filter would be fine. Thank you sir.

EDIT: If its not too much to ask but can you also make a spell that affects a unit with buff? probably a damage multiply/amplify if the target has buff? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Level 4
So you just want a unit-target spell shield that nulls all damage taken for X seconds? What should happen if a caster were to cast the shield on a unit that already has a shield?

Nothing because i was to planning set the duration 5 seconds and cooldown longer to avoid stacking. And not just null damage but also reflect damage or a variant that builds damage taken to X amount then explodes equal to damage stacked.

EDIT: Has a cap of 600 AoE damage upon explosion. Spell also has 5 levels, its up to you to set the damage on each level as long as the max damage is 600

EDIT 1.0.2: If the spell expires, AoE damage is equal to damage stored to avoid getting attacked for 1 damage and dealing 600 damage

Last edited:
Level 37
Okay so If I'm right... I made a damage absorbing shield that last X seconds. During the duration, it will reflect any damage taken and also absorb that damage up to Y damage (shield will continue to reflect even if the maximum damage has been reached). After X seconds, the damage will deal Y damage absorbed to enemy units around the target. I also made it so that only enemy units can trigger the absorption damage, and that casting the spell on a unit that already has the shield will just reset the instance and damage absorbed.

Animation.gif

Let me know if you need any modifications if the config trigger isn't enough. Also check to make sure everything works as intended!

Attachments

• Absorbing Shield.w3x
    35.8 KB · Views: 119
Level 4
Thank you Mr. KILLCIDE! I have a few questions though. If you made the spell to reflect damage and store damage at the same time, is there a way for me to disable the reflect damage but keep the null damage/ store and release damage? Also if i can make the spell like blade mail item on dota but a hero skill? Which variables should i manipulate in order to make changes in damage storing/damage reflect and damage block?

Level 37
So you want me to get rid of the reflecting damage mechanic all together? I thought you said:
...not just null damage but also reflect damage or a variant that builds damage taken to X amount then explodes equal to damage stacked.

Also if i can make the spell like blade mail item on dota but a hero skill? Which variables should i manipulate in order to make changes in damage storing/damage reflect and damage block?
If it's a passive, a lot of changes lol. Variable manipulation won't be enough. If you want it just as a regular skill, then barely anything. Whatever spell you described sounds exactly like the spell in that test map. I thought you were going to "reverse engineer" it?

Level 4
So you want me to get rid of the reflecting damage mechanic all together? I thought you said:

If it's a passive, a lot of changes lol. Variable manipulation won't be enough. If you want it just as a regular skill, then barely anything. Whatever spell you described sounds exactly like the spell in that test map. I thought you were going to "reverse engineer" it?

First part: Yes, thats what i wanted to reflect and null damage at the same time but i didnt expect you to put them all together at one spell. What i had in mind was different spells for null and reflect, null/store/explode, just null damage, etc.

Second part: Yes i will reverse engineer it but i need to know which variables to not set to zero in order to not mess up the whole system. About passives, i still need to figure out how your spell works.

Level 4
@KILLCIDE take a look at the spells i made. There is a trigger comment there that contains my concerns. Please do check it out.
This is one example of the spell i made. Dunno if its MUI or not.

On cast:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Justice_Ability
  • Set Justice_Index = (Justice_Index + 1)
  • Set Justice_Caster[Justice_Index] = (Triggering unit)
  • Set Justice_Target[Justice_Index] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Set Justice_Counter[Justice_Index] = 0
  • Set Justice_Damage = ((Real((Strength of Justice_Caster[Justice_Index] (Include bonuses)))) x Justice_Percent[(Level of Justice_Ability for Justice_Caster[Justice_Index])])
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Justice_Index Equal to 1
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Cause Justice_Caster[Justice_Index] to damage Justice_Target[Justice_Index], dealing Justice_Damage damage of attack type Justice_AttackType and damage type Justice_DamageType
      • Trigger - Turn on Justice Loop <gen>
    • Else - Actions
Then the loop:
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Justice_Index = 0
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Attachments

• Test Map.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited: