1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Problems

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by D3zmodos, Jan 27, 2009.

1. D3zmodos

D3zmodos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok now I have 2 problems here:
    Firstly, tooltips, I make a tooltip and then when I test the map warcraft makes up its own random tooltip (see below for an example of this). I have encountered this problem at least twice and have NO idea why it would happen.

Some examples of the tooltips it might give me:
    Code (vJASS):
    '[
    on9o@SI
    <HT

While the actual code looks like:
    Code (vJASS):
    Heals a target friendly non-mechanical wounded unit for <A00F,DataA1> hit points.

The second problem is with the spell "Blizzard", I made a spell based of that and it does not even use any triggers but I have set the waves to 60 (yes its alot but its for weather) and then when I create the dummy unit to cast blizzard, it only creates 3 waves. However when I give myself a dummy unit, it works normally.

2. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

Resources:
    Resources:
    What editor do you use?

3. D3zmodos

D3zmodos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I use regular World Editor with the JASS NewGen Pack (so I use the tooltip tool thing that comes with it). But apart from that its just...basic World editor :p

4. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

Resources:
    Resources:
    o_O you make one map in 2 different editors?
    This maybe the reason of bugs like this.

5. scorpion182

scorpion182

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    or maybe the dummy unit already dead before he finish casting, or he ordered to stop

6. D3zmodos

D3zmodos

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ Day Elven: Incase you dont know about the NewGen pack it works similar to how a plugin would. So it just adds on to the world editor and is not a separate program.

@scorpion182: Possible, would a 60 wave blizzard take longer than 80 seconds though?

7. Day-Elven

Day-Elven

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can make 60 waves in 1 sec., or in 80 sec., as you wish.