• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So i'm making Artillery Strike spell but i have one problem with it. I have created cluster rocket based dummy spell and rain of fire based castable spell.
Here's a trigger:
  • ArtilleryStrike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike
    • Actions
      • Region - Center ArtilleryStrike <gen> on (Target point of ability being cast)
  • ArtilleryStrike2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Artillery Strike for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for Player 1 (Red) at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set DummyCaster = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets (Center of ArtilleryStrike <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Artillery Strike for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for Player 1 (Red) at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets (Center of ArtilleryStrike <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Artillery Strike for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove DummyCaster from the game
My problem is that dummy uints wont cast he ability because of some reason... Is there anything wrong in my trigger?
This is the map if someone wants to try fix it. The purple commander has the spell.
View attachment ArtilleryStrikeTest.w3x

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
LOL You forgot to TEACH your dummy unit the spell.
Its a hero ability and thus starts at lvl 0 (unlearned) so your asking that it cast a ability it does not have at the target area. . .

I have completly reworked the spell in jass to not only make it work but also so that it works more efficently than your old layout could possiably. Leaks have also been removed and the spell has been fully tested and functions fully as wanted. It is not multinstantaniouscastable due to the way you wanted it to work but the dummies are made and destroyed as wished.

I have attached the updated version to this post.
Happy mapping

Attachments

• ArtilleryStrikeTest.w3x
    116.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.