• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell problem(gather) and some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, the spell gather, is it even a spell? i tried triggering it.
exmp:
Event
-Unit - unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
-Ability being casted = Gather
Actions
-change unit vertext colouring ( transparency 100%)
Also tried
-Add ability shadow meld
Also note, i changed the spell to gather 1 lumber every 3600 seconds, i dont really want it to gather lumber but i just want how the unit gets into the tree and invis ( meld would be a better choice but i fail both ).
Also, is there anyway to increase the size of our map? i started my map small as i thought i dont need much. But, now i need much more space and i cant find a way to increase my map other than restarting the whole thing. Help appreciated thanks ^^

Level 4
thanks shoto.
UPDATE: i realise that shadow meld and gather are not compatible since youre always doing an action (gather) and therefore cant meld (invis). Is there any way that i could make my unit invis when entering a tree? like when using gather (wisp's), the unit will turn invisible only when in the tree.

Level 4
okay, to make it simple. Its made for an assassin type of game. That is the reason of not needing the resource gained and it being invisible. Its like hiding in a haystack in assassin creed but then spamming haystack in a warcraft game seems to be really weird. So just take the tree as the haystack, it hides in it

Level 4
but i dont think that will work well, dont really know how to explain it but it's just like... Not suited. because if a unit model becomes a tree, every tree becomes clickable. and would somehow ruin a forest like map

Level 5
The Sentinel Owl (is that what it's called?) is an ability that targets trees. Try using that.

Level 4
arrgh!!! im stuck :(.
I tried almost all i could think of. for the sentinel owl, it actually worked pretty well. Here's my trigger but there's just some error.
Events- unit cast an ability
Condition- ability = Sentinel
Actions- Turn casting unit collision = off
- Move Unit to target point of ability being cast.

I also tried using Gather(wisp) Here's my trigger.
Event-unit is issued an order targeting an object
Conditions - Issued order = harvest
(i tried many diff types of actions)
1st, Actions - add ability(invisibility) to ordered unit.
2nd, Actions - Turn vertex colouring of ordered unit (only transparency = 100%)

Well, the gather thing somehow work. the only problem is that the actions will occur before the unit even reach its destination. Some might say i should use
Events- a unit begins casting an ability/Starts effect/Begins channeling
Conditions - ability being cast = Gather.
Heres the conclusion.
For the first one, the target point of ability being cast always seem to go wrong. My hero always moved(instantly) to the center of playable map. I checked my trigger(target point of ability being cast)
For the second one, i know my mistake that it's an order, which supposed asking a unit to use a skill is already an order.
For the 3rd one, Gather just doesnt seem to be an ability. none of the actions worked.

Side note: if im not mistaken, MUI spell is a spell used by more than 1 units. If thats the case this spell is suppose to be MUI as many of my heroes will have it.

Help will be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

Level 6
maybe like this :D
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hide
    • Actions
      • Set Caster_Hide = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Target_Tree = (Target destructible of ability being cast)
      • Set Pos = (Position of Target_Tree)
      • Set Caster = (Position of Caster_Hide)
      • Unit - Move Caster_Hide instantly to Pos
      • Unit - Add Ghost to Caster_Hide
      • Trigger - Turn on Move <gen>
  • Move
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Caster_Hide
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Ghost from Caster_Hide
      • Unit - Move Caster_Hide instantly to Caster
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
:ogre_haosis: :ogre_haosis: :ogre_haosis:

Level 4
erm its still not working soo well. Any help will be much needed. I will try to explain for clearly here.

1.Player clicks a tree(either use spell or right click)
2.Player's unit somewhat goes "into" the tree similiar to Gather(wisp) Night elf's worker
3.as long as the unit is in the tree, it will be invisible.
4. Doing any other thing will cause the unit to exit the tree and be put back to the position where he entered the tree.

P.S. the skill is supposed to be used by almost every hero. so i think its a MUI spell if thats whats it called.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.