• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, u guys can call me REDrage-, i need some spells idea

Any spells idea!
  • Passive, 1 level
  • Normal abilities, 4 levels
  • Ultimate, 3 levels

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Hello guys, u guys can call me REDrage-, i need some spells idea

Any spells idea!
  • Passive, 1 level
  • Normal abilities, 4 levels
  • Ultimate, 3 levels
Gravity passive - slowly pulls surrounding units towards the hero

Abilities:
Dark Nexus - creates a new center of gravity instead of your hero (target point). The gravity is much stronger at this point.

Force Inversion - quickly knockback all units surrounding the center of gravity (affects the caster if Dark Nexus is active)

Event Horizon - Damages all nearby enemy units based on their proximity to the center of gravity.

Ultimate - emhanced effects of all abilities, including passives. Abilities are also reduced cooldown and mana cost while ultimate is active.

Level 2
Gravity passive - slowly pulls surrounding units towards the hero

Abilities:
Dark Nexus - creates a new center of gravity instead of your hero (target point). The gravity is much stronger at this point.

Force Inversion - quickly knockback all units surrounding the center of gravity (affects the caster if Dark Nexus is active)

Event Horizon - Damages all nearby enemy units based on their proximity to the center of gravity.

Ultimate - emhanced effects of all abilities, including passives. Abilities are also reduced cooldown and mana cost while ultimate is active.
This is cool! But i not so sure i got the skills for doing this though :vw_death:

Level 39
Well, i didn't specifically want spells for specific heroes, i did said "any spells idea" though
So you want to build 5-spell heroes and you don't have any ideas for where to start? You don't even have models you want to use, or a theme for any of them? A forum like this isn't a magical wishing well, if you want good ideas you need to give some direction:

What kind of map is it? What do you do in the map.
What kind of objectives does it have?
How many units does a player control at once?
What is the map theme? Visual, effects, sound, atmosphere, text, etc.
What sorts of things should the heroes do?

Level 2
So you want to build 5-spell heroes and you don't have any ideas for where to start? You don't even have models you want to use, or a theme for any of them? A forum like this isn't a magical wishing well, if you want good ideas you need to give some direction:

What kind of map is it? What do you do in the map.
What kind of objectives does it have?
How many units does a player control at once?
What is the map theme? Visual, effects, sound, atmosphere, text, etc.
What sorts of things should the heroes do?
It's a map that everytime people die, will get random 4 spells after respawn, and just like deathmatch among other players, so there's not really a theme needed, just random spells, any spells, because they will get 4 random spells everytime they respawn

Level 14
You might want to look at some of the maps in the spells section that have a load of simple spells in them. They are usually pretty cool with lots of configuration. I remember a few packs that are meant for an AOS or something that has a lot of different hero possibilities. This might be a good place to start at least.

Level 2
You might want to look at some of the maps in the spells section that have a load of simple spells in them. They are usually pretty cool with lots of configuration. I remember a few packs that are meant for an AOS or something that has a lot of different hero possibilities. This might be a good place to start at least.
I will! Thanks for the suggestion and feel free to comment if you have any ideas of your own hehe

Level 2
Update: Currently i have 6 spells that done in the map I'm working on. And I've changed several things, which is ....
  • Every abilities only have one level.
  • Heroes have 25 level MAX.
  • Different abilities will gain different buff/upgrade/damage enhance etc. Whenever heroes of the caster reached level5/10/15
Example: Mana Break - Every hit will drain mana away from enemy.
  • Level 5 Bonus - 15% chance to deal 100 damage to 200 AoE of the enemy unit
  • Level 10 Bonus - 12% chance to disarm enemy for 0.5 seconds
  • Level 15 Bonus - 13% chance to steal 1 agility from enemy unit permanently
Currently this is the idea of my map and playstyle, Every heroes will get random 4 abilities, QWER keys, when they respawn. Those abilities will upgrade if their level hit the UPGRADE requirement. I'm new and still noob when it came to Triggering of course... I'm still learning, and will be slow pace of working, because irl i have a job too.... I just started this map several days ago. Currently not even have done the terrain part yet.

Also, i have an idea about before the match start, player can pick one hero, and each hero will have their own unique perk or passive. Which i think will make the game even fun, or should i say big potential, different spell combine can hit different combo. What you guys think??

Status
Not open for further replies.