• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Ideas (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
o_O

I don't think it'd really matter, I'm just trying to get some ideas for some spells that i can use in the future, some I might use in my map that I'm creating now... as for what kind of map my I'm making now - I'm making a thing sort of like TOB and DoTa I don't know what that'd be called :lol: [/code]

Level 3
If you want simple spells, try using the in-game abilities. Modify them to make them look real cool. Then it'd earn you something. For example. You could set the cluster rockets ability using the crushing wave model for a missile. It would be cool. I tried it. You could also think about wild kinda spells. Like for example, on attacking, a unit has a percentage to gain +100 damage for 3-4 seconds.If you want, the trigger ability is here.

Event:
A unit is attacked
Condition:
Attacking unit equals to <unit type of your choice>
Actions:
If:
Random number between 0-100 equals to <percentage of your choice>
then do:
Give ability <attack +100> to attacking unit
wait 2 seconds
remove ability <attack +100> from attacking unit
else:
Do nothing

The attck +100 has to be modified from the in-game abilities. Add an attachment to the weapon and it should give you some nice effects! Have fun!

Level 7
Well if you want spell ideas, then I can help you but...

What do you know of spells? Are you familiar with trigger enhanced spells, because they are not hard and good to learn if you want some really cool spells 8)

I guess I can come up with some trigger enhanced spells off the top of my head though.

-One Dummy unit positioned over the Hero. The Dummy casts a ranged projectile when the Hero casts the fake ability. The projectile is sent to the targeted position that the fake abilities AoE is at. The fake ability could be Blizzard, Earthquake, or Silence( I like Silence for AoE abilities because there's nothing too much to change to make it do nothing offensive) Anyway, when the launched projectile hits the ground, another Dummy is created where the last projectile landed. The newly created Dummy launches the same projectile at a random point in a region around the current Dummy. Once the newly projectile hits, another Dummy is created there too. He does the same as the last two and you can repeat this about 8 times. You would stop the ongoing projectiles from the Dummy like this; after the last projectile has been lauched, simply don't create another Dummy. Altogether, when a Hero casts this spell, it looks like he throws a boulder (if the projectiles that are launched looked like boulders) and it hits the ground and bounces back up again. It bounces the same amount of times that the Dummy's shoot the boulders over and over. When it looks like the boulder "bounces", you could have the current Dummy that is under the "bounce" use Thunder Clap so that every time the boulder bounces, it damages all nearby units.

Well I didn't expect myself to create something like this in so little time but I have inspired myself :wink: . If you do not come out with this then I might!

Level 2
:O

I just want simple trigger enhanced spells, because that's what I'm trying to learn... all i need is ideas really but you can give me advice on how to make it happen XD
I accidently wrote that w/ a JASS tag, and I like the idea of the random dummy ability thing

Level 3
here's another spell you can use. . .I'm not sure about the triggering and blah blah. But it's just an idea. It's supposed to be like diablo 2's frenzy for the barbarian. For a small sum of mana, you hit a target unit and your movement and attack speed increases. After that, give it a period of time before it wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.