• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, can anyone help me with this spell?

A hero with a degen aura, 4 levels, -1 first, -2, etc. And have a -.5 mana, -1 mana, each their own levels.

Also, another spell is this:

Thunderstorm: Cast time: 0 Duration: 60 Seconds Cooldown: 55 Seconds Every 7 seconds, 5 units within range of 500 of Saruman take 150-200-250-300 Damage Mana cost: 175-200-225-250

Anyone know how do these?

Level 7
Ok, so you want one spell that slowly takes away at enemies mana then another skill when a unit is in range of another unit, bout ever some odd seconds you want the units around to be attacked? Not to sure what you want. Tell us what the spell is suppost to do then we should be able to help you. Also this SHOULD go under triggers and under spells & systems, but thats alright just try to get it there next time.

Level 12
Degen aura....go to File,properties,allow negative real values in editor.

Then make a mana and hp regen aura,(unholy aura,brilliance aura)and adjust the regeneration to negative values.Then change the alowed targets to enemies,just copy/paste it from storm bolt or some enemy targeted spell.

Second spell,make an immolation spell.Make mana cost per onterval 0 and casting mana cost whatever youd like.Make damage per interval to the damage youd like and make interval duration 7 seconds.Change the immolation buff so that it looks like anything you want(electricity etc.) and youve got your spells.

If you really want it to last 60 seconds,make a dummy spellbook ability.Add a passive immolation that deals. damage every 7 seconds.Add it to the spellbook.Then make a dummy ability(roar)that lasts 0.01 seconds.

Then do this:

Trigger
-Unit starts the effect of an ability

-ability being cast equal to Roar

-Disable training of spell(Spellbook) for owner of casting unit
-Add Spellbook spell to triggering unit
-Wait 60 seconds.
-Remove spellbook spell from triggering unit

Level 2
"Thunderstorm: Cast time: 0 Duration: 60 Seconds Cooldown: 55 Seconds Every 7 seconds, 5 units within range of 500 of Saruman take 150-200-250-300 Damage Mana cost: 175-200-225-250"

First off, what's with 7? 60 can't be divided by 7. =/

Anyway...

First, I would make an ability that does nothing but take mana and have a cooldown. Second:

• Thunderstorm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunderstorm
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Thunderstorm Dmg <gen>
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Thunderstorm Dmg <gen>
And: (this trigger needs to be disabled)

• Thunderstorm Dmg
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Thunderstorm_Unit_Group = (Random 5 units from (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Saruman)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Saruman))) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Thunderstorm_Unit_Group and do (Unit - Cause (Saruman) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + (50.00 x (Real((Level of Thunderstorm for (Saruman)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
The unit group isn't nessesary, but meh. There is also a unit variable there: Saruman. (If you didn't notice. =) )

Level 5
Hold on, you can't set immolation's intervals. It's on constant 1 second interval. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no field in there. If I am wrong, maybe I accidentally pressed ctrl+4, or somewhat...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.