• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5

Information

Okay, this is how the spell works. It is a light nova that damages units (AOE). but its buff is that the damaged units will heal for 250,350,500 health (250=level1/350=level2/500=level3)

Name

Light Nova = Deals massive damage but then heals the targeted unit.

BUFF= Light's Mistake

PRIZE

+ REP
+ FOLLOW

THANK YOU!

Level 9
What I'm assuming is that the units around the target get damaged, but the target itself gets healed.

• lightnova
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Light Nova
  • Actions
    • Set caster = (Casting unit)
    • Set target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Set point = (Position of target)
    • Set real = (250 + (100 * (Level of Light Nova for caster)))
    • Set targetgroup = (Units within 200.00 of target matching ((Matching unit belongs to an enemy of (Owner of caster)) And ((Matching unit) Not equal to target))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in targetgroup and do (Actions)
      • Actions
        • Unit - Cause caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing real damage of type Spells
    • Unit - Set Life of target to ((Life of target) + real)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_targetgroup)
I changed the scaling to be consistent across the levels (250/350/450) and the radius is currently set at 200.00 in targetgroup. Acid Bomb is the ability I based this off to apply buffs, but if you used a healing spell (i.e. Healing Wave) for a base there is no need to use the Set Life action and the healing should be modified in Object Editor. If there's anything wrong or you want to add special effects I'm sure you can figure it out as the spell itself seems simple enough.

Last edited:
Level 5
Pyrogasm said:
New
What if you just gave Frost Nova negative damage and a negative splash damage factor? That would heal target and damage the area.
Where is the Frost nova damage and the splash damage factor?

IS IT -
AREA OF EFFECT DAMAGE - SPLASH DAMAGE FACTOR
SPECIFIC TARGET DAMAGE - FROST NOVA DAMAGE?

LIGHT - K gonna do it right away!

DAFFA THE MAGE :vw_wtf:: Any, just as if the spell works perfect :wgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.