1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Help

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Wolf Prince, May 8, 2006.

1. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok i am hopeless with spells so would someone be able 2 make me a spell that stops a unit casting in to a certin area

thanks

2. Master-666

Master-666

Resources:
    Resources:
    se the pre-existing ability silence.

3. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think he wants you to be able to create a magic free area. While silence makes all spellcaster not being able to cast spells until the duration is 0...

4. Master-666

Master-666

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats whi=at silence done isnt it?

5. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    not really cause:

Silence: Targets an area. All units in this area can't cast spells for X seconds

He wants a spell that targets an area. All other units cannot target that same area when casting spells... But these units still can cast spells when not in that area.

6. Master-666

Master-666

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh right, make a region called "No spells 1" for instance then use some trtiggers to create a dummy unit to cast a permanent Silence on the unuts that enter then use another trigger to remove all negative buffs when it leaves the region.

7. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Won't work, cause the point of his spell is: nobody should be able to cast spells INSIDE the region.
    E.g. When the bloodmage is not in the region, he still can cast flamestrike in that region. The point of the spell is: wether inside the region or not, spells should not have an effect inside that region. Like a magic immunity for a region instead of a unit.
    (that's what I think Wolf Prince wants)

My solution would be:

Trigger 1
    Event: Unit enters region (Nospells)
    Action: Unit - Add Magic Immunity to Entering Unit

Trigger 2
    Event: Unit leaves region (Nospells)
    Action: Unit - Remove Magic Immunity to Triggering Unit

Trigger 3
    Event: A Unit finishes casting a spell
    Condition: Ability being cast equal to (thespell)
    Action: Region - Move Region (Nospells) to Target point of ability being cast

Trigger 4
    The region should be resetted to a location (with pathingblockers) when the spell ends.

If more units have this ability, there should be more regions. I don't know how, but I think you should be able to create a region with size = the spellregion... Or you should pre-make alot of regions, and set a certain region to a certain unit (so that whenever that unit casts that spell, only that 1 region assigned for that specific unit will move)

One thing should be checked out: if you move a region, will units that suddenly appear to be in the region (without entering it) be considered as entering units? Same for leaving units... They probably will, but you never know...

8. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok me and my brother use a portal to get to each others bases but i dont want the portal in the base it can be out side and wont listen so yea thats y i want it