• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok i am hopeless with spells so would someone be able 2 make me a spell that stops a unit casting in to a certin area

thanks

Level 3
Oh right, make a region called "No spells 1" for instance then use some trtiggers to create a dummy unit to cast a permanent Silence on the unuts that enter then use another trigger to remove all negative buffs when it leaves the region.

Level 21
Won't work, cause the point of his spell is: nobody should be able to cast spells INSIDE the region.
E.g. When the bloodmage is not in the region, he still can cast flamestrike in that region. The point of the spell is: wether inside the region or not, spells should not have an effect inside that region. Like a magic immunity for a region instead of a unit.
(that's what I think Wolf Prince wants)

My solution would be:

Trigger 1
Event: Unit enters region (Nospells)
Action: Unit - Add Magic Immunity to Entering Unit

Trigger 2
Event: Unit leaves region (Nospells)
Action: Unit - Remove Magic Immunity to Triggering Unit

Trigger 3
Event: A Unit finishes casting a spell
Condition: Ability being cast equal to (thespell)
Action: Region - Move Region (Nospells) to Target point of ability being cast

Trigger 4
The region should be resetted to a location (with pathingblockers) when the spell ends.

If more units have this ability, there should be more regions. I don't know how, but I think you should be able to create a region with size = the spellregion... Or you should pre-make alot of regions, and set a certain region to a certain unit (so that whenever that unit casts that spell, only that 1 region assigned for that specific unit will move)

One thing should be checked out: if you move a region, will units that suddenly appear to be in the region (without entering it) be considered as entering units? Same for leaving units... They probably will, but you never know...

Level 2
ok me and my brother use a portal to get to each others bases but i dont want the portal in the base it can be out side and wont listen so yea thats y i want it

Status
Not open for further replies.