• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell help: Mega flare and Ultimate Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey!

first spell "Mega Flare":

Firstly i need some help to make the spell Mega Flare.
I want to make it as simulair as to from this video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gDmM6aY180

Problem is i don't really know how to make it.
First off, i want the unit that casts the spell to look like it's charging (lightning effects, or whatever) up for 10 secs while a floating text appears overhead counting down to Zero.

as for the beam thing i thought that the Hero Res Animation (couldn't think of any better =/ ) recoloured (Dummy unit) could shoot out at the targeted point, and some explosion like one second after.

I haven't mastered angle based spells yet, that's why i need your help with this, hopefully i'll learn. ;)

Second spell "Ultimate Form":
When the summoner reaches level 25, she will fuse with her summons and permanently gain a new form, forgetting all her old spells and learn new ones instead.

What i need help with is how to add a new form, i tried to play around a little with metamorphis etc, but didn't find a way to add it permanently without a way to change back.

Any help with any these two spells would be greatly appreciated, and of course, + rep'ed !

Level 3
Hmm, chaos? never thought of that ability before, will the hero unit still keep the items it had before transformation?
Edit: Yep, it did, thanks ;)

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmm, i used Chaos (Grom) and i didn't notice any problems with stats or anything else, i haven't tested it with high level heroes yet though.
But if there's a problem, what do you suggest i would use instead?

(Also, no help with Mega Flare, anyone? ;) )

Level 3
Yeah, well that's a shame, i don't got much of a choice..
I can't write in JASS (Yet, i do intend to learn later on)
so i'm stuck to do this in GUI, which i haven't mastered yet either.
So i really need help with this one...

Level 3
Ok, thanks, both spells are working after a bit tweaking.

mega flare is kind of like illuminate (dota spell) where the hero charges up an orb then fires it and the longer you charge for the more damage it will do, but i would go with using a dummy unit for that.

Thanks, didn't think of that spell at first, works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.