• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with Complicated Spell plz, - Mist Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok im making this rather complicated ability called Mist Form, and i was looking for some suggestions to help. This is what the ability does....

Based off of a turn on/off skill like immolation or manashield, when activiated, the unit gains permanent invisibility, and the blue cloud graphic is attached the units chest, but this special effect is seen by all players regardless of wether they have truesight or not.

in addition, the unit remains invisible while attacking and casting spells (easy to do, i just the set fade in/out times to 0), if an enemy comes within say, 300 range however, ONLY that player who owns that unit can now see the Mist Form unit, and if it leaves the 300 radius, it once again looses sight of the Mist Form unit. (unless ofcourse it has truesight by default, or an item like gem of truesight)

the way i planned on doing this was creating a unit enters and leaves region trigger, with another trigger consistently centering the region to the position of the mist form unit. then i just add the truesight to units that enter the region.

the first problem is how to attach a visible graphic to an invisible unit? the current solution i have is to create a dummy unit that has its model as the cloud effect and use a trigger to keep moving it to the position of the Mist Form Unit.

the next problem i have is, how do i stop shared invisibility detection between played that have shared vision and are allied?

Any Help is appreciated, Thanks. im fluent in JASS.

Level 11
Why don't you just give that unit "Detect" which detects invisible units? And also, instead of using that whatever you mentioned, you can make units invisible but giving that unit both "Ghost" and "Permanent Invisibility" abilities. How to keep the detect partly invisible (as icon), just check my aura. Hopefully this helps you.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.