• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{spell help} Dota POtm arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i guess that you have played dota..
i need help with the spell that potm has .. it cast a arrow in a strait line range 3000
and stun 0.5-5sek depending on range and deals some dmg

plzz help me with this...

Level 7
Ill be happy to help if you tell me what your trying to do. I personally hate dota (if someone tries to make this a dota thread their family will be beaten with a walrus) and dont know what spell your talking about. If your trying to do line damage, then use shockwave with a different model and longer range.

Level 5
if you are trying to make the arrow shoot, hurt everything in path, and stun.
What you want to do is make the arrow storm bolt witht he dmg u want it to do on the target and stun time, and make a trigger to create a dummy unit at position of the casting unit(hero casting arrow spell) and give it a shockwave ability ability and dmg you want to do to everything around the arrow. You'r going to want to make the missle speed like .07(round there) faster of the shockwave and get rid of shockwave model and of course order it to cast Tauren chieftan-shoockwave at target of casting spell(the arrow/storm bolt spell) then wait 1 second and remove the dummy unit.

Level 7
I see what he wants, I think.
Your way will only stun units at the end of the arrows path, and do it before the arrow gets there.
The easiest way to do that is to trigger the entire spell. What you would do is (in gui, thus making it non-mui) this:
1) create a dummy unit at the position of the caster using the arrow model, facing the angle between the caster and target
2) turn on a trigger which moves the dummy every .04 seconds in the direction it is facing. Lets say you want the speed to be 600, 600 * .04 = the distance moved
3) use dummies to stun all units nearby the arrow.
4) turn it off after a few seconds.

Level 9
no what he trying to say is that, Potm shoots an arrow, if the arrow is hit by a enemy unit then it will damage and stun the unit, stun seconds = distance of the casting unit, its like target unit is 100 range from casting unit, stun target unit for 0.1 second, target is 3000 range from casting unit, stun target for 5 seconds.

am sorry i can only do the arrow but not the stun, but i bet the trigger uses jass anyway.

Level 6
Lol using jass for this? You are kidding me ;)
I made a spell that works almost like that yesterday, but with multiply units.

First you move the dummy and let it explode when it a unit.
For the stun time you can use a timer, lets say the arrow got a maximal fly time of 2 seconds. And you want a 5sec maximum stun then you pause the timer when it explode.
Then you check how long the timer ran, and multiply the amount of the timer with 2.
And if the timer is 2.5 seconds then its a 5 second stun. If its only 1sec long then it is 2 seconds stun.
Also you need to set the ability level to the amount of time passed.
Set level of ability for unit to <Timertime> x 2

Also i never played the newest versions of dota. I know only a 1 year old version i played once and the original roc. And no i wont play it because it roxxors or something like that.

Or if you dont like this method, you will need a custom stun system. You will add the special effect and pause the unit for the duration of time passed.

Iam not in the mood doing the math for this. And i just woke up~

Level 12
one dummy unit to move

one dummy unit cast a Storm Bolt with 10 different Levels, 0.5-5 Seconds Stun

that is what you need my friend, or you can use the Pause Unit trigger, but that wont remove Channeling or Casting of a spell.....

Level 11
one dummy unit to move

one dummy unit cast a Storm Bolt with 10 different Levels, 0.5-5 Seconds Stun

that is what you need my friend, or you can use the Pause Unit trigger, but that wont remove Channeling or Casting of a spell.....
In details:

Move a projectile dummy unit straight to the target unit, and use a timer that counts the distance between the target and the projectile - let's say - every 0.04 seconds. If the distance is less then ~20, (it means the projectile hit the target) stun the target, or if the timer ran N times (N x 0.04 will be the max distance the arrow can take), destroy the projectile.

To stun, create a dummy ability that has - let's say - 10 levels, and the stun duration should increase with 0.5 per level.
Level 1 - 0.5
Level 2 - 1
Level 10 - 5 seconds

So when the projectile hits the target, you calculate the distance between the caster's initial position and the target. You create your intervals, for example:
distance stun
0-100 0.5
100-200 1
900-1000 5 seconds

Comlicated, but not that hard to make. I really recommend jass.

Level 10
Lol using jass for this? You are kidding me ;)
I made a spell that works almost like that yesterday, but with multiply units.

First you move the dummy and let it explode when it a unit.
For the stun time you can use a timer, lets say the arrow got a maximal fly time of 2 seconds. And you want a 5sec maximum stun then you pause the timer when it explode.
Then you check how long the timer ran, and multiply the amount of the timer with 2.
And if the timer is 2.5 seconds then its a 5 second stun. If its only 1sec long then it is 2 seconds stun.
Also you need to set the ability level to the amount of time passed.
Set level of ability for unit to <Timertime> x 2

Also i never played the newest versions of dota. I know only a 1 year old Bversion i played once and the original roc. And no i wont play it because it roxxors or something like that.

Or if you dont like this method, you will need a custom stun system. You will add the special effect and pause the unit for the duration of time passed.

Iam not in the mood doing the math for this. And i just woke up~

I'm sure this spell is made in jass since it's MUI and as far as i know Dota is completly done in Jass.

BtT: I think some good ways to do it are already postet.

Level 6
I just ment that it wouldnt be hard to make it in gui, so you need jass only for mui. but meh, ofcourse they did it in jass~

Level 13
I have no idea if this would work, but hear me out: Lets say you want to make a spell in GUI that supports 20 instances. You make every global you're using in that spell an array of 20 (ex: Caster, Target, TargetLoc...), then you create a global integer named Int. Every time the trigger fires, Int raises by one, then you put an if/then/else that would set Int back to 0 when it reaches 20. At last, you set the index of every global you're using to Int. Every global you're using, except for Int, has to be an array of 20.

Isn't this brilliant?? Yeah I know it is :p

Level 6
No... such a system already exist, its a GUI MUI template. Some person already invented it and posted it on thehelper.
It use the same system as you stated but with much larger arrays.

Level 12
No need for multiple level stuns. All you need to do is make a stun that lasts for 0 seconds (infinite) and remove the buff after the correct time has passed.
smart thinking :p

and what i said before was meant to be like this:

"Even though this is not MUI and much worse without the use of several triggers and variables" meaning, that you could have a seperate Elunes Arrow Trigger for each player, making it MUI

Status
Not open for further replies.