• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell help, but don't really know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi All,

Some help required here.
I want to create a spell that does the following.

When cast:
The caster has a buff and seems normal until he/she attacks.
When Casted and Attacks:
Creates a mirror image of itself when the caster with the buff strikes an enemy unit.
The caster then may move on to other units or attack the same unit, but the mirror image created would only attack the enemy unit that caused the mirror to appear.
Allow the mirror to have a time limit of existance.
If the mirror kills the enemy unit, it shall dissapear or die.
Only one mirror for one corresponding unit being attacked, so if theres already a mirror attacking, then don't create another mirror to attack the unit.

------------------------------------------------------

Ok things I think I'll need:
Dummy unit for casting mirror.
Dummy mirror spell.
Trigger to call the effect when cast.
(not so sure about the trigger yet)

Things and knowledge need from all:
If I have a mirror spell and gave it to the dummy, wouldn't the mirror be of the dummy? So should the dummy be a caster(unit) model?

Other advices and steps I might need?

Thanks All,

Cheers

Level 11
Its pretty advanced spell, considering that you didn't even know how to make an AoE Entagling Roots. May I suggest that you have a look at the JASS tutorial (though it might be a little bit too early?). To make this spell work appropriately you need JASS. Why? Because creating Mirrors is easy. Just create a dummy unit for (Owner of (Attacking Unit)), have it possess a Hero Inventory and give it a wand of illusions. Then use the Expiration Timer trick and order it to use the item on the (Attacking Unit).

The problem is to detect the mirror (I never tried to be honest) and order it to attack the target of your spell. Moreover, you have to detect if the unit dies, to kill the Mirror as well. If you use duration for the spell, the Mirror will disappear anyway. But you might need JASS (making it disappear when target dies) and I'm not 100% sure if it would work anyway.

~Daelin

Level 2
ah...

I better leav that out until I'm more comfortable with the editor's triggers... hehehe

people always want more... greed...

Thanks though.. that might help on some other spells I might think of.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.