• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Help me to make the spells:

When casted on a target unit (ally or enemy) it will turn dark red and then turn back to normal colour within 5 seconds.

Stops the blink ability from used (targeted)on a specific region. Such as blocking the warden in a AOS from using blink to go to the hero selection place.

When your hero casts this spell on a enemy target unit, the spell art is improved by adding another special effect on the enemy target of your spell.

A certain unit carrying a specific item enters the region and the gate will open.

Thanks alot if you guys can help!

Level 7
i have to say, that i'm a little bit confused after reading your post :?

1. for coloring use the "animation - change unit's vertex coloring" function

2.would u like the unit not using blink to a certain region or do u want the spell being disabled?

3.please give further details. it's too general

4.use triggers:
Code:
event: unit - unit enters region
condition: or: item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 1 equal to "your item"
               item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 2equal to "your item"
               item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 3equal to "your item"
               item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 4equal to "your item"
               item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 5equal to "your item"
               item type comparison - item carried by triggering unit in slot 6equal to "your item"
action: destructible doodad - open gate

Level 13
To 3.
You want it like, for example, the warden's shadowstrike spell, so that a special effect appears on the unit (shadowstrike -> the funny black creature on overhead)?

Differs from spell to spell. Look up the shadowstrike-spell-informations in the object editor (ability, buffs/effects concerning to shadowstrike, etc). Perhaps you see how it's made.

Sorry, atm I have no time for more infos!

Status
Not open for further replies.