• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow Backstab Spell (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, i have an idea for an spell, the problem is that I have no really experience with triggers since I met with them a week ago.T

his is exactly what i want the spell to do:

Target some point in the ground (like Tauren Chieftain's Shockwave). Cast range aprox 1000. Blink to that position and "Shadow Strike" nearest enemy unit for 150 Damage and 30 decay each second for 5 seconds. Then blink to to a random point in the boundary of a 700 AOE with center in the point of casting and attack with another "shadow strike" with same caracteristics as previous one. Do it for five times total and then blink away to the center point of casting and "fan of knives" for 150 dame each target max target 8. After all this blink away to the point the triggering unit was before all this happen.

That would be cool if you add lighting attack or forked lighting effects instead of normal shadow strike and fan of knives effects.

Any idea commentary, or help will be appreciated.

Hackerbond

Level 11
Ok... let's see. You will need three unit skills that will play the role of the Blink [with 9999999 range]within the spell, the Shadow Strike and the Fan of Knives. These should not have a cooldown, mana cost but they should have effect (damage, area of effect, decay damage and so on). The spell which telepots the Warden at the beginning should be based on blink. It should have increase range and obviously the effect you wanted. Now let's get to the triggers...

Ok, about the casting unit, it would be great if the unit didn't had Shadow Strike, Blink and Fan of Knives for real. If not, the trigger will mess them up and I have to solve them as well. Tell me if you do.

Now, go to trigger editory and create a global variable for a Point called... "Origin".

Note: All comments in triggers I've made are between []. Example: [Do this]

Event - an unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to Yourability
Actions - Change owner of (Casting Unit) to (Neutral Passive)
- Set Origin to (Position of (Casting Unit))
- Add Ability (ShadowStrikeMadebyYou) to (Casting Unit)
- Add Ability (FanOfKnivesMadeByYou) to (Casting Unit)
- Add Ability (BlinkMadeByYou) to (Casting Unit)
- For (Integer A) from 1 to 6 do actions
- wait 0.50 seconds
- Unit - Order (Casting Unit) targetting an unit to Night Elf - Warden - Shadow Strike (Random Unit within (800 range of (Casting Unit) matching condition ((Unit Belongs to an Enemy of (Casting Unit)) equal to true)
- wait 0.50 seconds
- If ((Integer A is Lower than 6))
THEN
- Unit - Order (Casting Unit) Targetting a Point to Night Elf - Warden - Blink (Random Point within ((Random Integer between 300 and 800) Range of (Casting Unit) Offset by (Random Integer between 1 and 360 grades)) [You will need to use the Convert Real to Integer command to achieve integers here]
ELSE
- Unit - Order (Casting Unit) Targetting a Point to Night Elf - Warden - Blink at Origin [remember that this is the variable, right?]
-End For
- Wait 0.50 seconds
- Unit - Order (Casting Unit) with no target to Night Elf - Warden - Fan of Knives
- Wait 0.30 seconds
- Unit - Remove (FanofKnivesmadebyyou)
- Unit - Remove (ShadowStrikeMadeByYou)
- Unit - Remove (BlinkMadeByYou)
- Change Ownership of (Casting Unit) to (Previous Owner)

I know there are some small bugs but if this works I'll tell you how to fix them. They are not bugs in the spell but in the gameplay.

Level 1
Daelin,

I'm gonna try it just as you tell me!! I have some questions:

Do I have to change the original Fan of Knives, Blink and Shadow Strike? or i have to make custom abilities based on them? I'm not gonna use the original abilities in that hero, but maybe I'll use blink in another one.

Abilities should be changed to normal units abilities??

Thx!

Level 1
Bug Fixes

I did all u say and the core spell is working! , but it have some bugs:

1.-When The Unit cast shadow strike, it fires and kill the unit. I check the proporties in the spell and it shouldn't kill the unit.
2.-The fan of knives also damages my units (cause the casting unit is neutral passive).
3.-How can I add special effects/art in the triggers?
4.-How can I add a wait condition that the unit keeps "blinking" (for 10 times maximum) if no target is affected by shadow strike and stop blinking after 5 shadow strikes and then do the rest (fan of knives and else)

Level 11
1. This is because of the spell's damage, decay and so on. Leave them as they are. I really suggest not messing with Shadow Strike a lot, it is very dangerous.
2. You can solve this problem easily. Give the unit to another player which is not used by anyone else, and ally the player casting the spell with that player. I suppose only ONE unit/map will have this. Hope this helps you.
3. I don't know what you mean. There is a Special Effect action which can add Special Effects.
4. About that, you can keep a variable which increases everytime the shadow strike succeeds. You can add right before the shadow strike condition an if.. But in this case you will need to convert the spell to JASS and change the loop a bit but DON"T do anything. If you convert it right now, you might lose the trigger permanently. So, by now only do the following if:

If - Number of units within [range in which Shadow Strike can be cast... check Shadow Strike for this] matching condition ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering Unit) equal to true) is greater than 0 then do actions
- Cast Shadow Strike at Random Unit [blabla stuff you already used]
- set x = x+1

Also, you should put at the beginning of the trigger the actions set x = 0; Do this and tell me when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.