• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell go through magic immune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello everyone. I wonder how to make a normal spell go through magic immune. Like stun, purge, slow or hex. I know that Channel can go through magic immune if we choose Universal Cast. But I dont know how to do with the other. Can someone help me? :ogre_haosis:

Level 4
Hello everyone. I wonder how to make a normal spell go through magic immune. Like stun, purge, slow or hex. I know that Channel can go through magic immune if we choose Universal Cast. But I dont know how to do with the other. Can someone help me? :ogre_haosis:

I've encountered this before. Normal skills that can be casted on immune units are heal-type and ultimate skills. To hit immune units with storm bolts that stuns, you just need to increase the skill's level above 1 and it's considered ultimate. Though the immune unit won't receive any damage, it will still be stunned. Hope that helps. :)

Level 33
I believe you can only do that via Channel ?

If you still want to disable unit in immune state, let's say you want to Hex unit that is in immune state, you can use Channel as base spell (because it can target immune).

Then, you have to create a "trick".
The thing is, when the spell is casted, make sure the magic immune is removed from the unit, then order dummy unit to cast Hex on that unit, therefore it looks like it bypass magic immune, but it's simply a trick.

Here's a test map.

Press ESC key to give him magic immunity, and when you cast the spell, it will remove the magic immunity, re-press ESC key to give him magic immunity, and so on.

Attachments

• Spell Bypass Immune.w3x
    13.7 KB · Views: 187
Level 4
Set Stat - Required Level to greater than 1 or -1, either works, just not 1 and 0 (it doesn't have to be ultimate/level 6 :D ).
If you can't see Stat - Required Level option, change Stat -Hero Ability to true and Stat - Item Ability to false for the option to appear. Then just change it back to whatever it was after you set required lvl to -1.
untitled-png.250697

This way you can cast any spells (like Wand Illusion, stuns like Storm Bolt/Firebolt, etc.) on magic immunes D:

EDIT:
Oh wow, I just noticed, this thread had been necro-ed. I'm outa here

Last edited:

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Set Stat - Required Level to greater than 1 or -1, either works, just not 1 and 0 (it doesn't have to be ultimate/level 6 :D ).
If you can't see Stat - Required Level option, change Stat -Hero Ability to true and Stat - Item Ability to false for the option to appear. Then just change it back to whatever it was after you set required lvl to -1.
untitled-png.250697

This way you can cast any spells (like Wand Illusion, stuns like Storm Bolt/Firebolt, etc.) on magic immunes D:

EDIT:
Oh wow, I just noticed, this thread had been necro-ed. I'm outa here
This ruins the idea of level skip req.

Status
Not open for further replies.