• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Ai help {enemies never use custom spells they are given}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been trying to work on a map where a boss will use a dummy spell to teleport to a random spot in a region. I've got that much to work.

Problem is, the enemies NEVER want to use any custom spell I give them.

Anyone know how to make the computer do it?

Level 10
Create a trigger that on a specific event (let's say the bosses health drops below something) that you order it to use the spell using the trigger.
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - <Boss>'s life becomes Less than 1000
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order <Boss> to Night Elf Warden - Blink (<Location>)

Level 8
The simplest way would be to imagine yourself in the situation--If you were the boss, when would you use blink? Then make a trigger for it (for example, like Mr Blaxor suggested, lack of health).

The action you should use is "Unit - Issue order targeting a point".

Level 1
k, that'll do it. Btu what about using a timer instead?

and if this changes anything, usually I make the boss insanely tough and send various things at him, could I use a player-type condition there instead?

Sorry, I'm kind of new to triggering in this area

regardless +rep

Level 8
Thanks, I think that'll work....but I'm asking what to do with other custom spells too. Such as sometimes i make an improved blizzard, that does more damage and such, but the trigger editor won't recognize it. is there some sort of categorization I overlooked in the object editor?

regardless +rep

I don't really understand what you're asking. If you're talking about ordering them, use the base skill, for example, if you based it on Storm Bolt, then use "Issue <unit> to Human Mountain King Storm Bolt <unit>". "stormbolt" is the order string. Beware that some spells have different order strings even if they're the same (for example, Storm Bolt and Fire Bolt have different order strings even though they practically are the same spell.

Thanks for the rep btw.

Level 1
np, sorry, I just realized that I had repeated myself above -.-

sorry to be a pest, but please read above. if it'll work, then I can probably find a tutorial on how to make a timer.

oh, and what I meant was that he'll use attack spells against a group, but when I use only a few, he dosn't use it.

and do you know how to make it say [SOLVED]?

Level 8
1. Yes, you can use a timer, I'm sure you'll find some tutorial if you search for it.
2. If a unit has multiple spells based on the same ability, not all of them will fire separately because of order strings.

...If those things were what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.