• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spectres or Ghosts?

Did you choose to use spectres or ghosts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ghosts. They get a +2 range upgrade (or is it +3?). This causes them to become ridiculous powerhouses. I believe I managed to beat the Moebius mission with only ghosts because they could kill anything before it got close. Plus, they are permanently invisible.

Level 12
Well, I'm originally from the Bahamas, so... Tosh be my kinda guy, mon.

Spectres and their awesomeness area a bonus.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I took Nova's side because Horner and Raynor said it themselves: «if we're to win this revolution, we've got to be sure of our allies», and I was kind of suspicious of Tosh. Turns out Ghosts lose their EMP usefulness because there's only one versus-Protoss mission left, "Supernova" -- in "Maw of the Void", the disintegration "aura" makes it a bad idea to use Ghosts.
Ghosts might be nice versus Zerglings and Marines when using that range upgrade, but Spectres can deal with them equally well because of their AoE stun + damage (Psionic Lash Ultrasonic Pulse), I think it even stuns Ultralisks although they should, supposedly, be immune to it. On top of that, they deal bonus damage versus Armored, which is welcome to quickly kill Overseers.
I ended up going for Spectres when I played the campaign a second time.

Last edited:
Level 22
Just want you to know you're are from the few detectors Rui that see me. Others don't see cloaked forumers :> Anywa glad someone's reading mine. I thought Tosh would be helping like on the last mission meh it didnt make difference who you chose. Oh and the Spectres AOE stun doesnt work on Kerrigan.

Level 13
Spectres, because they look cooler. Also the story gave me no valid reason to actually trust an agent of the DOMINION.

Level 9
The basic AOE stun is great, sure, but there's a problem with it requiring energy. Ghosts with range upgrade don't run out of bullets in any case.

Besides, Nova's mission was so much more awesome.

Level 27
The basic AOE stun is great, sure, but there's a problem with it requiring energy. Ghosts with range upgrade don't run out of bullets in any case.

Besides, Nova's mission was so much more awesome.

Nova's mission? I think you misspelled Tosh.

Oh come on. Tosh's mission was just a punny AoS. Nova got a real thing! Plus Concumption is lame, while Nova got mind control and snipe.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Spectres are the best cause they got some insane mind blast move with insane range. Permant cloaked + mind blast = easy wins on brutal. 2 blasts can kill detectors easilly. They can also be used as a cheaper battle cruiser for taking out units (almost as good as yammato cannon) and I think they deal bonus to armored (unlike ghosts which deal bonus to light).

Ghosts however may be good for non cheesing brutal. Their EMP will be useful against all those annoying protoss templarsyou face.

Status
Not open for further replies.