• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Specs I'm running in SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
This is mainly for comparison for others with similar specs. If you have a similar set up let me know the settings you're running in Starcraft II beta and the results you are achieving.

Computer: Dell Inspiron E1505
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5500 (1.66GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
Graphics Card: 256MB ATI Mobility™ Radeon® X1400 HyperMemory™ (Omega 3.8.360)
Memory: 2 G RAM

I have a fairly mid-range system. I bought this computer back in 2006 but luckily was able to upgrade from 1 to 2G RAM. That has provided me with a few extra years of good performance.

Here is a screenshot of the settings I am running in game:

SC2specs.jpg

I am achieving ~15 FPS. At times I'll have noticeable slowness but overall the lag is not too bad. I kept portraits on 2D because 3D is simply for aesthetics. Unfortunately I have Effects set all the way to Low and Physics Off. I'm going to try to tool with these to see if I can at least have Physics set to Low as well but I'm not sure if my computer will like that very much. It was essential to set Terrain and Textures to High because otherwise the game looked terrible.

I can run the game fine, experiencing a little slowness here and there. If you have similar specs don't expect to be able to run the game on even Medium settings, but don't be discouraged either because it doesn't look too bad as long as Terrain and Textures are set to High. I'll keep this thread updated if I find any settings that work better and possibly add in-game screenshots soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.