• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Specific portrait animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Simple question, I would like my unit to show different emotional states (angry, happy, etc). Making the animations is easy, but is there a way at all to control wich animations are displayed in the portrait? A script command or something?

If not, could it be a solution to make several portraits, each one with its own animation set?

Level 17
Mmm, for cinematics it wouldn't be a problem, I could make an invisible dummy model for every portrait and it should work just fine.
On the other hand, for other kind of maps, if the unit is under direct control from the player... the only solution would be using specific animation tags for every emote state, correct?

Level 17
Actually... after some testing things didn't really go as I expected. I'm posting here for reference: adding the "alternate" tag via trigger works, although not perfectly, the portait is updated instantly, but the model needs to perform an action before changing stance.

As for the "Upgrade" tag, that works too... but not for units. If the model is assigned to a building, then yes, portrait and model are changed right away. For units, the portrait doesn't change at all, and this ruins the whole point of using animation tags.

Looks like using separate portrait files is the only way to go, but if someone know a workaround, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.