• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Special Player Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a message containing -hello as an exact match
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) ...
    • Player - P...
    • ... (and so on)
  • Conditions
    • ((Name of (Triggering Player)) Equal to (Warhunter) [String comparison]
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Point = Your Point
    • Unit - Create 1 (Your unit) at Temp_Point for (Triggering Player) facing default building degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

Level 8
There is a problem with this, and can be exploited easily. Basically there is 3rd part software that can change a players name, therefore this command will work for them.

To counter this i suggest that you have a code randomly generated at the start of the game, then displayed to all players with the name 'WarHunter', BUT straight after it is displayed it should be cleared (use the option in cinematic/Clear screen of messages bla bla). Then you just have to run a loop from 1 to say.. 100? and make it display the massage 'SPACE' (dont actually write space lol).

All you have to do then is go to log, scroll ot the bottom and find your code. XD simples.

P.S. This way can still be worked around but its a heck of a lot more unlikely. And this is just a failsafe anyway. Hope this helped xD

(P.S. (P.S I'm sure if you ask nicely and offer rep pharoah will create this for you lol)).

Level 8
  • Intalization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set (Code) = (Math - Random Number from 5000 to 1000000)
      • Game - Message to (all players matching (matching Player name equal to (Warhunter))(Code))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 150, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Message to (all players matching (matching Player name equal to (Warhunter))" ")
      • Cinematic - Clear Screen of all messages
  • Call Code
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a message containing (Code) as an exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) ...
      • Player - P...
      • ... (and so on)
    • Conditions
      • ((Name of (Triggering Player)) Equal to (Warhunter) [String comparison]
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = Your Point
      • Unit - Create 1 (Your unit) at Temp_Point for (Triggering Player) facing default building degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
Should work, sorry for typo's I have written this freehand as I haven't got access to world editor at the moment so there may be some differences but its principles should be there. Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.