• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Effects Destruction on death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Not when they die, but when the corpse completely decays and the unit counts as "removed", then all special effects attachments will be removed as well I believe. Still better to manually remove anything you don't need permanently.

Level 14
This is just a quick question: if i attach a special effect to a unit, will the SFX count as destroyed when the unit dies?

It depends on the special effect.
Some special effects will destroy on death, some wont.

To destroy a special effect that normally WONT dissapear.

When its created you need to have a variable setting it to that paticular effect. Then when the unit dies, create a trigger That when the unit dies destroys (whatever variable you set it too) PM me if you need more help. I will post a screenshot if you want

Level 9
If you're talking about memory leaks, then no, the effect will still be there in memory, even if you can't see it. You must remove it with the "DestroyEffect" function

If you're talking about the pretty effect model, yes, it'll go away when the model is removed. You can make it stay by using "Create special effect at point" instead of "... on unit".

Status
Not open for further replies.