• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright all I am trying to do is, in warcraft 3 terms, create a special effect on a unit every X seconds.

When a player holds down shift I have a periodic trigger that runs, and it detects when they release shift as well. I was messing around with behaviors and effects to see if I could create a "effect" on a unit with those but I had no luck.

tl;dr: What is the easiest way to create a visual effect (model/actor whatever the starcraft 2 equivalent is) on a unit ever x seconds.

Level 10
The problem is I don't know how to do that lol, I can make an actor with the type model and I know 'how' to make effects. But I don't know which type of effect I should make and how I should connect it to the actor =/ a tut or a map would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.