• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect Competition #2 Voting

Which submission is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Finally, here it is.
This thread will be for the voting on the Special Effect Competition.

The contestants we have:

DONDUSTIN
JETFANGINFERNO
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
PYRITIE

If you have been missed, then please let me know and I will attempt to rectify the situation.

Click on the contestant's name in order to see the actual post of their submission.

DONDUSTIN:

attachment.php

Download

JETFANGINFERNO:

NaturesExplosion.gif

Wisps.gif

GaiaShield.gif

Download

WILLTHEALMIGHTY:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download

PYRITIE:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download

Last edited:
Thanks for finally putting the voting thread up.

Just a few things, could you put all the submissions in
tags? JetFang's .gifs have a tendency to lag up people's pages.

They're also huge, and god knows people who are less serious about the compo might choose to vote for him only because of those pics standing out so much (nothing against JetFang, but the pics are pretty damn big).

Level 5
Looking at the screenshots I was convinced this wasn't even a contest, but Will's are a thousand times more impressive in practice. The screenshot doesn't do them anything close to justice. I'm regretting my impulsive decision right now. Hopefully the other voters take more time to look at the effects than I did, instead of making a quick decisions based on presentation. Eemerald Core, Elun's Fire, Elun's Blessing, Cenarion's Fury, just wow... really nice job.

Emerald Core is especially impressive. Will you have my vote now for sure, which really doesn't do you any good...

Looking at the screenshots I was convinced this wasn't even a contest, but Will's are a thousand times more impressive in practice. The screenshot doesn't do them anything close to justice. I'm regretting my impulsive decision right now. Hopefully the other voters take more time to look at the effects than I did, instead of making a quick decisions based on presentation. Eemerald Core, Elun's Fire, Elun's Blessing, Cenarion's Fury, just wow... really nice job.

Emerald Core is especially impressive. Will you have my vote now for sure, which really doesn't do you any good...

Why, thank you. I don't get much praise for any of my models, so I appreciate it, I really do. :)

EDIT: I'm not gonna vote until near the end of the poll... or I won't vote at all.

Level 35
Sorry for my rather pompous gifs but some of them but most of them are left out in the 1st post =(

Will has my vote because he has a very unique style in his sfx that looks simply amazing.

Pyritie and DonDustin's sfx are simple and effective but Will is more creative.

For some reason, not all of my models were included in my submission. May I resubmit mine?

Attachments

• NatureSFXFixed.rar
    41.9 KB · Views: 40
Level 22
CONTEST VOTING OVER

Congratulations to JETFANGINFERNO for winning the contest!
And, to make it even better, everyone gets an award! :grin:
Because there was a tie for third, the two third-place contestants will get five rep each!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Status
Not open for further replies.