• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Special Effect Carrion Swarm Bursts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey im working on a spell that has bursts of carrion swarms that come from the target, now im alright with triggers and i could maybe figure out how to do this myself if someone pointed me in the right direction. any help would be appreciated.

Level 4
Explain it a lil better and I might help you,because right now I have no idea what you are talking about...

Level 4
Sorry for the vague question, i was in a rush. What im working on exactly is a spell similiar to WoW's Demonic Corruption? Im not sure if thats what its named but it is one of the BC aoe abilities for warlocks. For my spell, you cast it on your opponent and then three seconds after your opponent explodes carrion swarms in all directions dealing damage. I have everything except the carrion swarm part of the spell worked out. Once again sorry for the vague post.

Level 12
Avator's way is the simplest.
You need to use a dummy unit. Create it at the position of the target, add the spell to it and order it to cast the spell.
Alternatively, you can create several dummy units and have each cast carrion swarm in different directions.\
P.s. Search for dummy unit tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.