• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forked Drain Life/Mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there a way to do this because I was looking for a spell that could do an area drain with the caster being the focal point. I've tried going through the triggers but trial and error has given me some headaches. I was wondering if anyone else has done it yet. I've tried altering life drain and carrion swarm but nothing really works since life drain is single target and carrion swarm only gets hp. I might just give up and do HP only though.

Level 7
Well there are a few ways to do this, do you want it to be targeted or just a spell you click on? cause you a click on you set up something liek this
Code:
Event:every 1 second
Action: pick 1 random unit in range matching conditions"has specific buff Life drain" and controlled by enemy of owner of casting unit.
Action:set var(target life= current life of picked  unit)
set var(target mana= current mana of picked unit)
set var(caster mana=current mana of picked unit)
set life of picked unit= var(target life)- damage dealt by spell
set mana of picked unit= var(target mana)- amount stolen
damage casting unit by (life stolen)
set current mana of casting unit= var(caster mana+ mana stolen)
Now just make this loop for the appropriate amount of time and it should produce the desired results[/code]

Level 9
Well if you want an area mana drain perhaps this might work:

Do the ff:

1.create a custom flying unit w/ food used=0
2.modify the priest's dispel ability particularly in the data>mana loss.
3.give the modified priest's dispel ability to the custom unit.
4. make a dummy spell for your hero like a modified taunt.

For the trigger:

GOODBYE MANA
E: a unit begins casting an ability
C: unit type of casting unit=your hero & ability being cast=dummy spell
A:
create 1 (custom unit)at the position of casting unit etc.

order last created unit to human priest dispel at the position of casting unit

wait xx sec

remove/kill last created unit.
------
final opinion: you may create special effect at your choice. The downside of this is that the dispel ability can dispel magics. You can also give this ability to a hero that must be trained/summon before he can enter the game. Perhaps it is necessary to include the condition (owner of casting unit=player xx)if your making a RTS map.

Level 9
Daelin said:
If you need a forked lightning spell which does instead of damage, life drain to those units then... The spell won a director's award. Here it is:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=696&sid=25dd31a27396e87ed32f228af3064b0f

It is incredible IMO... This guy is really good!

~Daelin

Yes you should download this. Wish I have a diskette & could test this one w/ out reading those "could not load.." Besides there is no point for me to open it in WE if the triggers are not in this order:
Event:
Condition:
Action:
bcoz other than, i could not understand. I should be learning from now.

Level 11
Harper, this one is actually in JASS so you cannot check the actions, conditions and events directly. Just the code. So I am afraid that if someone doesn't know JASS, that someone cannot find out how the spell was made, unless someone who already knows JASS teaches him.

Alright, I guess we have the problem solved so... Back on topic!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.