• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect Animation Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey dudes, I'd like to know if there's any way to change a special effect's animation speed, just like "Animation - Change Dude's animation speed to 50.00% of original" but with a special effect.

If you know the answer in Jass or vJass you may post it, I'll convert it there anyway.

: : EDIT : :
[removed]

: : EDIT 2 : :
Solution didn't work. I'll edit once again when it can be [Solved]

Last edited:
Level 25
You can do that easily but only with a special model.
It is called dummy.mdx, you create a dummy unit and give it this model.
It has no actual model, it is simply a point with attachments points so you can attach special effects easily and use 1 dummy to simulate a huge number of difrent effects.
I think it has all attachment point but i only used two: "chest" and "origin" :p
Here is the link to the model:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f569/49752d1236952954-fire-spells-2-0-dummy.mdx

Level 10
You can do that easily but only with a special model.
It is called dummy.mdx, you create a dummy unit and give it this model.
It has no actual model, it is simply a point with attachments points so you can attach special effects easily and use 1 dummy to simulate a huge number of difrent effects.
I think it has all attachment point but i only used two: "chest" and "origin" :p
Here is the link to the model:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f569/49752d1236952954-fire-spells-2-0-dummy.mdx

But slowing the unit won't slow the special effect, or?
Cause that's what I want...

Sorry for asking so quickly but I don't have time at the moment to examine this :xxd:

Level 10
Yes it will, that is why every good spellmaker uses the dummy.mdx model for missile type spells, imagine that a missile system would need a new unit for each missile, that would take ages so smart people made this model^^

Wow this is exactly what I wanted to hear.
+rep to you :thumbs_up:
I'll check on it tomorrow though, I'll update this post to confirm it's working so a moderator can change the tag to [Solved]

Yep, it worked.
Now I have an additional question for you.
Can I change the scale of a unit using Jass? Or vJass? Or GUI it doesn't really matter...

Last edited:
Level 25
In GUI:
  • Animation - Change *unit*'s size to (*real value*%, *real value*%, *real value*%) of its original size
In JASS:
1)
JASS:
call SetUnitScalePercent(*unit*,*real value*,*real value*,*real value*)
That is for % scaling.
2)
JASS:
call SetUnitScale(*unit*,*real value*,*real value*,*real value*)
This is for actual values not %.

Level 10
In GUI:
  • Animation - Change *unit*'s size to (*real value*%, *real value*%, *real value*%) of its original size
In JASS:
1)
JASS:
call SetUnitScalePercent(*unit*,*real value*,*real value*,*real value*)
That is for % scaling.
2)
JASS:
call SetUnitScale(*unit*,*real value*,*real value*,*real value*)
This is for actual values not %.

Oh nice, thanks :thumbs_up:
Would give you more rep but I gotta spread it around more :xxd:
Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

No it doesn't work. The scale is ok, but the special effect isn't slowed :sad: which is what I wanted in the first place.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well did you used:
  • Animation - Change *unit*'s animation speed to *value*% of its original speed

No :xxd:
I'll check it right away, though I won't have time to answer here.
Will reply tomorrow :p

: : Reply : :
No, still doesn't work.
I don't think the unit's speed will change the special effect's speed.

Here's an example.
In this case, non of the special effects were slowed.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Footman 0001 <gen> using Objects\StartLocation\StartLocation.mdl
      • Animation - Change Footman 0001 <gen>'s animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change Footman 0000 <gen>'s animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Footman 0000 <gen> using Objects\StartLocation\StartLocation.mdl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.