• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Special casting system , please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello everyone , how could I make a casting system where people have to use th required signs to cast a spell . For example , player uses abilities fire + fire + wind and then it automatically casts fire breath (or w/e that pandaren skill is called) xD if u can , help me :)

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Hello everyone , how could I make a casting system where people have to use th required signs to cast a spell . For example , player uses abilities fire + fire + wind and then it automatically casts fire breath (or w/e that pandaren skill is called) xD if u can , help me :)

Well, that's isn't so hard. For example if you should have 4 elements, or as many you posess, you activate them 3 times to summon a spell. In your example you mentioned fire + fire + wind. You should create integers with arrays, for example Fire[index]. When you use fire ability, the variable can be set this way.
  • Set Fire[1] = Fire[1] + 1
In your example, you cast fire twice and wind once, so it would be (if you are player 1, the first number is 1). Triggers detects the triggering units playernumber.
Fire[1] = 2
Wind[1] = 1

Now, theres a trigger which detects all those elemental integers, if their total sum is 3, a spell is made. You can add a temporary one shot skill to your hero, which has be cast within 5 sec and a wait timer with 5 sec delay will automatically remove the added spell, with 5 second cooldown, the skill can only be cast once, then removed afterwards.

Now as you have performed your combo, the spell is ready to be cast.

StasMaN said:
well its pretty hard to come up with something unique these days
I think my suggestion is quite unique, unless I accidently resuggested someone exact recipe to create a special casting system.

Of course this requires a lot of triggering. I was just suggesting an idea how you should start. I assume you have some knowledge in triggering...

Edit_

btw heres a recent map which uses invoker system
Invoker_War_v2.3

Last edited:
Level 12
Do I detect sarcasm?
Why yes I do!
What a suprise!

It seems a little like the map "SpellCraft" (i think that that is what it was called) where players collect items to make spells.

Not really as he wants the ability to be casted automatically. Which is a real bummer as such abilities as breath of fire are directional. So when you "dial" the combination you will cast breath of fire to where your hero is facing(like where there are no units whatsoever).

Status
Not open for further replies.