• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spawning mobs turning off the trigger and clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I'm working on my first scripted boss fight in a map project of mine. I'm pretty new to the world editor program and I'd like a bit of help for the spawning system. Heres the deal:
I have the spawning system set up in the boss's region. Every 20 seconds two ghosts spawn on each side of the room... ALL THE TIME.100% of game time. I only want the trigger to work if enemy heroes are inside the room, but any other time i want it off. In addition to that, I'm not sure how to turn off this trigger once heroes leave the region and get it ready for use again.
Thanks in advance

Level 28
Just define a variable for every hero you got in the game, then set as conditions
  • Conditions
    • Or, - Multiple Conditions
      • *Your Region* contains *your hero_variable_no.1* equal to true
      • *Your Region* contains *your hero_variable_no.2* equal to true
      • *Your Region* contains *your hero_variable_no.3* equal to true
(boolean condition - Region contains unit)
and so on.. shall do the work..

Level 4
that isnt working because theres a hero selection system and when you choose your hero theres no variable for the newly chosen hero unless im missing something. Is there any other way around this?

Level 28
Uhh is there a region in which the selected heroes start?
If so, do:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters *your spawnregion*
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • 'IF'-Conditions
        • (Triggering Unit) equal to *Hero No.1*
      • 'THEN'-Actions
        • Set Heroes[0] = (Triggering Unit)
      • 'ELSE'-Actions
          • 'IF'-Conditions
            • (Triggering Unit) equal to *Hero No.2*
          • 'THEN'-Actions
            • Set Heroes[1] = (Triggering Unit)
          • 'ELSE'-Actions
            • and so on

Level 2
  • Events
    • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (region)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Player that owns boss)) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 2 ghost for Player at (region) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Else - Actions
? dun think u need variables for that.

Level 9
Make a trigger that when a unit enters a region it turns on *spawn trigger* and then make another region that turns off your *spawn trigger* when they leave the area. Requires 2 regions, make them little lines next to each other. i would post the trigger but idk how to post the trigger on the fourms

Level 4
Sorry if i wasnt clear on the question but i think bloopers helped out with the problem. Hmm nevermind. I have it set up exactly like bloopers except it doesnt seem be working like it should be. I have no units that are the boss's enemies in the boss's region. And yes i dont want to use any variables other than the boss's region and boss himself region

Last edited:
Level 4
heres the trigger
  • Events
    • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Prides Room <gen>) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: Lieutenant Pride: C...
        • Unit - Create 1 Restless Spirit for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spirit Spawn 1 <gen>) facing (Position of Lieutenant Pride 0042 <gen>)
        • Unit - Create 1 Restless Spirit for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spirit Spawn 2 <gen>) facing (Position of Lieutenant Pride 0042 <gen>)
      • Else - Actions
right now it seems like the spawning is working 24/7 even when only the boss is in the room

Level 2
put your if, then, else trigger inside your unit select trigger

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in pride room <gen>) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 restless spirit for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of spirit spawn 1<gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 restless spirit for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of spirit spawn 2<gen>) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.