• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spawn with more life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
is there anyway to spawn a copy of a unit that has more life and speed than the original unit. the set life trigger only let me go to 100%.

Level 5
Base your cloning ability off of item illusion or something, and create a separate Item-type ability that increases max hp (for instance, Item life bonus)
  • Event
    • Unit - A unit enters playable map area
  • Conditions
    • ((Entering unit) is Summoned/Illusion) is equal to true
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set (Entering unit) default movement speed to ((Default Movement speed of (Entering Unit)) + (x)
    • Unit - Add (max health increasing item-type ability) to (Entering Unit)

If you based your skill off of "Item Illusions", and you want to increase damage, then on the damage field try holding shift, then double clicking on the field value. This allows you to input values greater than the normal limit. You can also add damage resistance this way
To make the unit permanent, with the ability "Item illusions", set the duration to 0 seconds.

Level 19
Maybe you could have an upgrade that adds health. Then every time you need it to you can just upgrade it one more time for the player. This of course would not be infinite, but you could go pretty high. It would be difficult to make it go back down however.

Max level for anything (abilities, units, upgrades) is 100 .. and you can't rollback upgrades.

I'm afraid you are mistaken there MortAr-
Many of Blizzards default max and mins can be ignored by holding shift before accessing the value. This is a great way to mod many elements of the game. These defaults were put in so noobs dont make their games crash.
For instance I can tell an icon to be placed in slot (-1, 0). I can make the world editor accept this, but if the game ever tries to display this icon, it will crash.

Level 9
I would use tomes instead of abilitys for that.
BTW: you can rollback Upgrades by creating a upgrade which has the same value, just negative.
e.g:
1 uprage gives 100lifes per upgrade
the other one gives -100
So you can rollback. This still could not be made infinitfe. TRue you may make it more than 100 times, but somwehere is a limit. Tomes could be used infinitve times.

Status
Not open for further replies.