• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spawn creeps and make them complet a route - GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi !
Ithink this is my favourite question ... XD ... patetic ! :hohum:
Anyhow i maked a Region and i added trigger action to sumon creeps after a time .And after the time runs out the creeps are sumoned .
Now this is my problem i set the creeps to do the following action :

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Spitting Spider for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Set Rally-Point for (Last created unit) to Castle 0012 <gen>

and the creeps do not move a inch...
Pls help this is stupid but i cant figure it out !

Level 17
Rally point is for units created by buildings (The arrow placed by barracks for example)

You need to change it to the action "Unit - order (Last created unit) to move to Castle 0012 <gen>"

That action will be under "Unit - Order a unit targetting a point"

Level 6
Even if you order it to move, if the destination is too far the creep will turn around and go back to where it was at, then attempt again to move there, and the cycle continues, at least in my case. So how do you counter this? In summary, how do you make a unit complete a long distance order move, without manipulating the gameplay constants (as I dont want every creep being able to wander this far, just ordered creeps)

Level 11
Even if you order it to move, if the destination is too far the creep will turn around and go back to where it was at, then attempt again to move there, and the cycle continues, at least in my case. So how do you counter this? In summary, how do you make a unit complete a long distance order move, without manipulating the gameplay constants (as I dont want every creep being able to wander this far, just ordered creeps)

make another regions and order units to move in those regions
after the unit enters the first region order it to move to the next region
after the unit enters the second region order it to move to the third region
and so on until it reaches the final region

Level 9
lol, thats simple.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Your Region)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Your Player (Color)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Your Region) matching ((Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Your Player (Color))) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of (Your Region)))

Level 7
You could do a trigger like this:

event: every 1 second of game time
condition: none
action: pick every unit of "unit type" and do actions:
order picked unit to move to random point in "region"

no plz dont do this... if you use a trigger to spawn them simply use a generic unit event...

it should look like this... using a periodic event every second is not needed and when you pick every unit... that causes leaks so every second leaks... you need custom script to stop the leaks.

• Movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Your Region
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 6 (Orange))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Move To (Center of Your Region)

Status
Not open for further replies.