• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spartan Spear

Tataa.. the Spartan Spear :p

The Handle is a bit high, but that's normal.
The Spartans hold it that high, while standing.
But for the better use as a "Spear" I moved the attachmentpoint
more to the end of this Spear..

-updated-
new wooden texture, less streched.

ENJOY!

Please give me credits for my work!
Do NOT edit or change this without my permission!

Keywords:
Sparta, Spartan Spear, Spear, Attachment, Leonidas, 300
Contents

Spartan Spear (Model)

Reviews
21:38, 3rd Feb 2010 DonDustin: great attachment model which fits your other attachments very well :)

M

21:38, 3rd Feb 2010
DonDustin: great attachment model which fits your other attachments very well :)

Level 18
Uhm there's just one handle, I just changed the attachmentpoint.
It doesn't look good, when he holds it on the handle, but that's how the spear is looking like.

And I try to find another texture, that's better than the current for the wooden part..
(I know it's very thin and long, and therefore it's stretched, but you don't really see this InGame)

Level 2
If you look at the bigger image and not the model of the guy you will notice a little spot that looks like a handle, I would say make the attachment point there.

Level 18
If you look at the bigger image and not the model of the guy you will notice a little spot that looks like a handle, I would say make the attachment point there.

That's true, the handle is used while you walk or still standing.. you hold it at the handle and
the rest of the Spear touches the ground.. But for the fight they used the end of the spear to get maximum range for it.. Spears are very powerful and some big help against mounted units. Sure most People have to use both hands to handle the Spear at the very end.. but not Spartan.. they are uber soldiers, holding this Spear with just one hand and fight against thousands with it :p

make a spartan equipment pack ?!?
it looks very nice, like the other spartan models u made :D

That's what I'm trying, adding some other stuff and making a Spartan Armour Pack :)
But without any kind of armour I think, maybe the Panties, but that's all.. Spartan fight nacked, they don't use Armours, so they remain mobile. They fight with power and agility, not with armor =)

Level 2
That's true, the handle is used while you walk or still standing.. you hold it at the handle and
the rest of the Spear touches the ground.. But for the fight they used the end of the spear to get maximum range for it.. Spears are very powerful and some big help against mounted units. Sure most People have to use both hands to handle the Spear at the very end.. but not Spartan.. they are uber soldiers, holding this Spear with just one hand and fight against thousands with it :p

Ya I already knew how uber the spartans were :p
But what I was saying is, just because this is a spartan spear doesn't mean it's only going to be used as such, so by making the attachment point the handle it looks better and more natural know matter what you use it for.

Level 13
That's what I'm trying, adding some other stuff and making a Spartan Armour Pack :)
But without any kind of armour I think, maybe the Panties, but that's all.. Spartan fight nacked, they don't use Armours, so they remain mobile. They fight with power and agility, not with armor =)
But something like armor(shirt) Leather clothes or something like that. What you think?

Level 6
Spartan spears were usually just about 8 feet long... Well, let's look at the spear. It's about 2X taller than the unit. Let's assume that the unit is about 6 feet high. Well, we end up with a spear that is around 12 feet long.

This thing would need to be double handed in order to be effectively used in combat.

4/5... This is very useful for spearmen.